Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Citizenship & Hero Arts Glitter Challenge

First thing first... Yay, I just passed my citizenship test and next week is my citizenship ceremony. I will officially become a US citizen!! I answered all the test question correctly, including who wrote the Declaration of Independence? Name 3 of the original 13 colonies, etc. Am excited. A bit sad, too. I am very proud of where I come from. And in my heart I will always love my birth country. But, I don't see myself going back  there to live. For vacation, of course and to visit my family. It just felt like I'm letting go part of myself by changing nationality. I  think as far as culture and all the positive things from my culture, will always be part of me and I am hoping that when I have kids I can raise them to appreciate both the Eastern and the Western cultures. My swearing is next Wednesday!!!

Now, let's talk card. I love glitters! I think I used glitter on almost all my cards. They add just the perfect details to cards. This week, HA challenge is all about glitters. So, of course I have to play along. :)

Again, I am using Hero Arts Warm Wishes set. I opted for simple card. I covered the lacy round frame with stickles glitters and did the same for  the scarf and the frame for the greetings. And for the background, I stamped random snowflakes and embossed them with irridescent embossing powders. And for fun detail, if you see closely under the penguin, for the snow mount I used Liquid Aplique, so it looks like he stands on real snow highlighted with a little sparkly.




I am still learning to take better pictures, but in real life this card is really fun and very sparkly. :)

Well, that's an achievement for me to actually posted 2 cards this week. Hopefully I can play some more.  Hugs...

Vera

4 comments:

judkajudi said...

I love your glittery cards, but I want to recognize your achievement in passing your citizen test! I am not sure all American citizens would do as well! Your native country will always be in your heart. You have done a very brave thing. Welcome, fellow citizen of the United States!!

Nancy said...

Congrats on passing your citizenship test, what a wonderful accomplishment! I admire you for making a difficult decision. My ancestors who came here from Eastern Europe and Scandinavia in 1800s passed down family traditions from their native cultures that we celebrate to this day. Honoring your homeland in your adopted country will be your new tradition.
Blessings to You!

Deborah said...

I am so proud of you. It takes a lot of courage to change citizenship no matter where you're from or where you're going. Welcome, fellow American!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Thank you all for the warm welcoming. :) I am excited to be a US citizen. I'll take the good from both countries and really appreciate all that I have now. Thank you for stopping by here.

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...