Thursday, March 11, 2010

Silhouette & stamping

A couple months ago, I put my Silhouette machine to work and had a bunch of cuts made. Since, I have no idea what project I am going to do with those stuff yet, I use white cardstock for all of them. That way I can color it to whatever color I needed.

Last night, I just want to do quick cards. So, I looked on my lovely messy piles and see what can I use. I swear I try to keep my desk clean, it last at the most a day. ;) If you have looked at my cards before, then you know, I love this heart vines from Silhouette. Can't seem to get away from this shape. They are just so pretty.
           
                      

Since it was just a plain white cardstock, it needs something. I stamped the antique handwriting on the vines and then using a sponge (dabbed on to Stampin Up! Gable Green and Sage Shadow inkpads) colored the vines. Love this technique as it created such a soft look.

Punch the scallop border using Martha Stewart border punch and the butterflies are digital print from Hero Arts, colored with Copic markers. The good thing about digital is that you can make a bunch of them in different sizes. Distress the edges of the background with Colorbox Colonial Blue inkpad. And ta... da... you're done.

Before I end this post, I want to say thank you to all who stopped by and for all your well wishes. You all are so thoughtful and kind. I am feeling much, much better today. Enjoy your Thursday... (yay... Gray's Anatomy tonight!!) and have a blessed day. Hugs, Vera (Ling)

4 comments:

Lin said...

Vera, I love this one! Those heart vines are so nice, and your butterflies fit perfectly with them. Beautiful, springy card! So glad to hear you are feeling better.

Jennifer said...

Vera,
wow...this is just so delicate and easy on the eyes. I love the way they look like they are going to take flight! very pretty card

Tiffany Ervin said...

Aww...absolutely gorgeous, love your fluttering butterflies as they are soaring upwards...so beautiful!

Unknown said...

i love this card! i need to get that border punch, beautiful!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...