Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Stamping Obsession

Every month okay, maybe weekly, I would wonder what stamps or what papers should I get. I mean I think about it a lot. Is that normal? Please tell me it's not just me. Looking back at the last few months, I am pretty amazed at how obsessed in love I am with stamping. I cut down on my other shopping habit, just so I can buy more stamps, papers, & dies. From Christmas to birthday presents, I'd rather get stamps that any other stuff.

Every time I think I have enough, the stamping company just have to come out with cute new stamps or new digi stamp. This past weekend alone I purchased Tiddly Inks, Pure Innocence. Been eyeing their stuffs for a while. Then got the email from MyGrafico that they're having a 40% off sales, so there I went & got a few Cocoa Studio sets, plus Clip Art and Scrap digi stamps. And yesterday I ended up buying another Spellbinder Nestabilities Labels using Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon. That's not that bad, right? Sigh.... so much temptation. How do you fight it? Just surrender to the call, I'm guessing??

Anyhoo, here's a card I made using Amber from Clip Art and Scrap. This card is inspired by CASE Study Challenge # 1. Instead of a circle as the center, I decided to go with a rectangle shape. Added glossy accents on the umbrella to make it looks like it's wet from the rain.


I usually work on  my cards in the evening, after work, and even though I do have OTT light, sometime it just hard to capture certain detail. In this case the glossy umbrella. One of this day I'm going to invest on one of those mini photography tent or have hubby makes one. :) 

Tomorrow is the Lawn Fawn Hearts Card For Kids blog hop. I hope you can join us on the blog hop and find out how you can also support this wonderful cause. Thank you so much for stopping by here and thank you for all your wonderful & thoughtful comments. I really appreciate you all. Hugs, Vera.

Challenges:
Pixie Dust Studio: Pretty In Pink
Secret Crafter: Little Girls

14 comments:

theCook said...

I have a way to fight the urge to buy more: I have to use what I've bought (ok, at least once, not until it's empty if it's something that can be emptied) before authorizing me another order...

Barb said...

Delightful card, Vera! Fabulous coloring! I think most of us can relate to being totally obsessed with stamps! So difficult NOT to buy them!

Jenny said...

Love your card, so cute! Im obsessed with stamps too. I have WAY too many! I have to think to myself when I want it, am I really gonna use it. If so, how many times am I really gonna use it. I have to make sure its not just going to sit and take up space. Sometimes that doesnt work though and I end up buying it because its too cute not to! lol

Laurel said...

Adorable! I just bought her too, hoping to use her soon!

marsha said...

This is adorable and I love the colors you've used! Thank for playing along with the Pixies at the Pixie Dust Studio challenge this week! We hope you join us next week too!

Hugs, Marsha

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

What a sweet image on your card. Adorable.

{Jane} said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Regina (TheStampin'Bean) said...

So sweet, Vera! I am obsessed, too, LOL!

itsabrt said...

Oh this image is so darling, you card turned out wonderfully! Thanks for playing along with The Pixie Dust Studio "Pink" challenge! beth

stampinjane said...

I have finally come to the conclusion that it is a terribly contagious disease...but in my opinion it is theraputic and therefore I have convinced myself that it is cheaper in the long run than years of supporting a shrink! (Works for me!) But actually I wholeheartedly agree with you that everytime you TRY to do better they come out with new that I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT!
I truly do not think you are in any way abnormal...take a look at the galleries that include entire rooms to house this delightful addiction!
stampinjane@yahoo.com

Vicky said...

Lovely card, such a pretty design

Thanks for joining us this week at SCSC
x
Vicky

Heather Maria said...

Adorable card Vera! Love all the gorgeous layers! Beautiful colouring on the image and love the glossy accents on the umbrella! I'm the same as you thinking I have enough stamps etc and then I see more that I just have to have!!

Cathy said...

Adorable card. Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

Helen said...

Awww...sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails