Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thinking of you

Wow, can  you believe it's already end of August? Sigh... sometime it feels like time flies by so fast. I am happy about September, though, as I will get to see my little brother, Jerry. He has 2 wedding photography jobs to do in San Fransisco, so he'll be coming to the States and swing by to see me for a few days.

I am so excited about that. I live so far away from my family and don't get to see them very often, so needless to say I got super excited whenever I get a chance to see any of my  brother, even if it's only for 4 days. Last time I saw him was 2 years ago. Makes me sad when I think of how I don't see him enough, but very grateful for the chance that I do have to see him.

I've been thinking about my family a lot lately. With that, a thinking of you card is in order, of course.


I am entering this card for 2S4Y sketch 60 challenge. I simply rotate the sketch upside down. Also entering this card for Stamps R Us stitches challenge and Allsorts park inspiration challenge.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Hope you enjoy your visit here and thank you for taking the time to leave comments. I really appreciate it all. And, just a reminder, you have till Friday midnight to enter Wee Memories In The Forest challenge! Hugs, Vera. 

15 comments:

Aimes said...

A truly sweet card! I love your tree especially! I hope you get to spend some nice quality time with your brother this Sept!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Savitri said...

Very cute cute card!!! Have fun with the brother! Even if it's short :)

Anita Rex said...

Soooo cute love that tree! That's great that you get to see your brother soon!

Kirsten...x said...

fabulous card love the tree ...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

Nancy said...

Such a charming little creation, Vera! Enjoy your time with your brother.
bless you!

Mummylade said...

lovely card. Thank you so much for entering my garden challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

stampingandstitching said...

This is so cute Vera and I love the tree! I can't imagine not seeing my family for so long, that must be so hard. I'm sure you'll have a brill time with your brother!

Barb said...

Love the fun tree and pretty, soft colors, Vera!

Trinh said...

Hi Vera! It must be so hard to not see your family often. So glad you will see your brother soon! And your card is adorable!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Vera! Love the fun tree! Hope you have a great time catching up with your brother :)

Alice said...

this is so cute!! lovely card, Vera!

Maren said...

SO SO SO pretty Vera!!!! Thank you for playing along!
Hugs,
Maren

Kelly said...

cute!

cnelson said...

Fantabulous!!love the tree and the little bird and your ruffle along the bottom!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Ling - I love the gorgeous simplicity of this card - it is really stunning
Thanks for playing along with us this week
:) Kazan

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...