Monday, January 31, 2011

Moxie Fab Color Challenges

Hi all! How was your weekend? Hope you all had a lovely one. Saturday night, hubby and I watched Swedish movie The Girl Who Kick The Hornet's Nest based on book with the same title. It's basically a trilogy and I thought the story was fantastic. We stayed up late just to finish the movie.

Anyway, come Sunday, I was feeling pretty creative, did some sketch and planning, and actually finished quite a few cards. Most of them I can't share here yet, but I do have a couple to share.

To start is my card for Moxie Fab Monochromatic Challenge with the colors as shown below. And  I am also making this card for CASE Study Challenge 24.


Challenges:
Marks Finest Papers - Valentine Card

I do love creating my own border by stamping the sentiment repeatedly. This card is for my co-worker who asked me to make a Valentine card for her daughter. The birds are actually covered with diamond stickles, so in real life it's actually has very nice sparkly to it.

My second card is for Moxie Fab Jewel Tone Challenge. This was a challenge. Notthetypical color I normally work with. But hey it's all about challenging yourself, correct?




The idea is to use the doily as sun as I want the card to reflect the sentiment. I usually associated sunshiny day with good, joyful day. I have to say, jewel tone purple is a hard colors to work with. I love purple dress or shirts, on cards... that's different story. But, I am quite please with the way this card turns out.  What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today, peeps! Hope your week starts off wonderfully!

17 comments:

Barb said...

Love them both, Vera! Your birdcage is so cute and you've used the colors so beautifully on the second card! Love the "doily sun!"

Deirdre said...

Vera - just amazing cards. Love them both.

Emily Leiphart said...

These are gorgeous! I love how you used those colours!

Tiffany said...

Lovely cards! Very creative to make the sentiment in differing colors on your 2nd card!

Alice Wertz said...

very sweet cards, Vera! love how you used those colors!

redwasher1 said...

Both cards are awesome!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Virginia L. said...

GREAT take on the challenges!! Love them both!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Nice cards and embellishments!! I like the sentiments, especially!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on both challenges! Love your cards!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your V day card is very cute! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends~

Julie said...

Great card, love the monochromatic look!

Lori said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Jean Martin said...

Beautiful cards! I love that stamp set...don't you?! :) Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study! :)

Dazie said...

Lovely cards thanks for joining us over at craft your days away!
dazie
x

Cath said...

Hey Vera! Thanks for entering the Jewel Tones Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Cath said...

Hey Vera! Thanks also for entering the Monochromatics Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Carol Ann said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along at CYDA this time.
Carol Ann xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails