Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hey There Good Lookin'

Happy March 1st peeps! Did you say rabbit, rabbit, rabbit this morning? LOL, I actually don't know about that, till I met hubby. If we talk to his dad on the 1st of the month, he'd ask did you say it? For those not familiar what this is all about, they said that when the 1st of the month come, your first words of the day should be rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.... for good luck. :)

Now, on to card. This past weekend, Jehanne from Just Some Lines sent me some images to work with. I am freelancing as her personal card designer. And when I saw this cute hippo, I know I want to play with it.

And, I am so happy with the way it turned out. Just look at her flirty eyes. One of my guy friend likes to say hey there good lookin', and that's where the idea for sentiment came from. The good lookin' part placed on the inside of the card.

Challenges:
Paper Playtime - Anything goes with a Digi
Stamps R Us - For the Girls
Shannon's Sentiments - Fussy Cutting
Woodware USA - Anything goes


I partially cut part of the image, so I can roll them and create dimension. The small flower stem was cut  & I added pop dot underneath it.  Same as the blig leaves and flower on the right side of the hippo. I used 2 different thickness of pop dots here to create even more dimension. In real life, you could actually see the bend and dimension much better.


The way the color popped... makes me happy. Reminds me when I was in Seattle last year and the way the vibrant colors of the flowers mesmerize me. I draw the grass using Copic markers.

What do you think? I hope this card makes you smile. Thank you for stopping by and for all your generous wonderful comments. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. Cheers....

12 comments:

Lelishna said...

oh, she is sooo cute! :)

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!! Love the simplicity of it...really lets the image stand out! Thanks for playing along with our Sentiments Challenge.

Larisa said...

wow! It is so cute! The image is great! Love this light card))))
hugs. Larisa. xx

Kathy (krolski) said...

This is adorable!! So cute!

Nancy said...

The pop is amazing on your CAS card...what an adorable creation and image!! Thank you for joining us this week at Woodware USA!!

Jay Gee said...

Adorable card - she really is quite flirty!

Barb said...

What a fun card, Vera! adorable image. . .colored beautifully!

Collette said...

This is absolutely adorable, Vera ... Love everything from the dimension to your coloring to the simple outer part ... Fabulous! Thanks for participating in the challenge at Stamps R Us this week!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my gosh, this is just the CUTEST! Love the simple but very refreshing design!

Micki said...

Love it. love all the white space which really makes that color pop!

Janis Lewis said...

Aww this made me smile so big! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Alice said...

this is adorable! love the design, too! lovely card, Vera!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...