Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy News

Wow... yesterday was a weird day for me. It was weird to stay at home during week day. It was weird not to do my normal routine things. As much as I am viewing things from positive point of view, I can't help but feeling a bit sad of loosing my job. I can't sit still, so of course I get on with the house cleaning. Dusting, check! Vacuum, check! Mopping the floor, check! Car inspection, check! Cooking? Hm... postpone till today.

Then, I was like... now what? Decided to start browsing and eeekkk... almost give the doggies heart attack when I jumped out and scream! I posted about it yesterday and am still shaking my head in amazement. I am one of the 5 honorable mentions for Paper Crafts Stamping Royalti. That just made my day. People get to vote out of the 5 nominees who will get to join the Stamping Royalti. You can cast your vote HERE.

My card is the typewriter one. I would so ever be grateful if you would vote for me. :) And  thank you for all the sweet tweet, comments, and emails. I really appreciate you all.

After I stop shaking, last night I played with Paper Smooches "Boob Tubes" set. Don't you just love the names? Thank you, Kim for this awesome set. I made 2 cards with this set. Here's the 1st one:


I think this is such a fun card and I am sure after reading the sentiment, hubby can appreciate the pink colors. :) Yay? Nay? Hmmm... he just saw it! It was... ooohh... yay! LOL.

On to the 2nd card. Fun & cheerful. Here how it looks totally closed.


Here how it looks slightly open. Yep, the TV is on the inside of the card. I created a window, did paper piecing, color with markers, and for the eyes I make it white by using Rangers white enamel & black enamel for the pupil.


Well, today I get to keep myself busy by doing a consulting work for a vendor I used to work with. It's only 2-3 days works, but hey... I am happily accepting any opportunities. Things happen for a reason and I am totally surrendering myself to God's plans. He knows what's best for me and I'll just keep the faith. Thank you all for all the support and encouragements. Have a blessed day!

16 comments:

Kelly said...

I saw that typewriter card on facebook somewhere but didn't vote. I'll go check it out now.

May many new doors be opened to you! :)

~amy~ said...

Such fabbie cards girl....I didn't know about your job situation..hang in there...I know that something perfect will crop up.

Jay Gee said...

Both these cards are fantastic Vera. I am sure something wonderful on the job front will turn up for you :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Vera, I'm so sorry to hear you lost your job. I hope another opportunity opens up for you soon. I'll be sending good thoughts/prayers your way.
You're cards are so cute! And I'm off to vote for you now! Congrats!!!!!

Kryssi said...

congrats, vera! your card is awesome. i didn't submit anything to the contest! lol1

Lin said...

Dear Vera, I have NO doubt that God will open a BIG door for you very soon......your attitude is wonderful about your turn of events, and I know that there's a reason behind it. Sending hugs!

Deirdre said...

Just voted for you...woohoo!!!! So sorry to hear that you lost your job... but I am sure there is a wonderful opportunity right around the corner. Fingers and toes crossed for you. Hugs, Deirdre

Unknown said...

Vera, you've got my vote! Can't wait to see what God has in store for you. :)

Chari Moss said...

Voted!!! These Boob Tube cards are adorable...who knew TVs could be so cute! :) This has to be one of my new favorite sets too. I love the cut out one the second one. Sorry to hear about your job, but God has a plan, sometimes I just wish he would let us in on it a little. :) Chin up!

Laurel Beard said...

Congrats again girlie. I voted again today and will vote every day I remember to so keep those tweets coming!!! Adorable Boob Tube cards! LOVE THEM!

Chelsea said...

What a great honor!

Cheryl said...

Congrats! I would have screamed too! :)

Your cards are adorable!

Alice said...

these are so cute, Vera!! congratulations on the honorable mention!!! =) so glad to hear that you are doing well dealing with the situation. big hugs to you and i think better things are waiting for you! =)

Lisa Petrella said...

Way to ROCK the Paper Smooches!!! I especially LOVE how the TV is on the inside of the second card----such a clever design! Congrats on your Stamping Royalty Honorable Mention!!! Way to go!

Virginia L. said...

Such a CUTE card, Vera! Congrats on the being the HM list for the Stamping Royalty list! A well-deserved honor!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Congrats, Vera!
Full week of giveaways on my blog: dustypenny.com.

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...