Thursday, August 4, 2011

Jenny's Birthday Blog Hop

Today we are celebrating our very own Jenny Suchin, the gal behind Wee Memories challenge and now also one of the stamp designer for The Crafts Meow. She's always so generous to her DT and recently she's been dealing with some back problems that keep her away from her crafting. We decided to surprise her with a birthday blog hop to cheer her up and to show her that we think she's special. Thank you to Anita for coordinating this.

If you come here from LISA, then you're on the right track. If you miss an link, you can find a complete list on Anita's blog.

I've been working with Jenny for a year now, pretty much since she started Wee Memories challenge and it's been a wonderful opportunity. Jenny... happy birthday and I wish you all the best.



I decided to go with cute & CAS. The yummy ribbon is from May Arts. It's one of my favorite ribbon at the moment. And for the coloring, I actually use watercolor technique this time. A few post ago, I mentioned  that I took a ZIG class at CHA and I am using ZIG pens for this card.

At first, I wasn't going to buy more pens. But, after seeing what I can do with it and the quality and price, I ended up getting some and I love it! And, no, I am not working for them or getting paid by them. I wish as it would definitely help feed my addiction to color, LOL, but no... just sharing what I think.

I got a set of the Clean Color Real Brush. This is a watercolor brush. You could brush it directly on the stamp, then after you stamp it, using waterbrush you can drag the color to create watercolor effect. Or, you can also scribble on your acrylic block and use waterbrush to pick up the paint  to color your image. That's what I do with my card above. You can see some fancy art work using this set here.



I am not one that diligent in doing tutorial, but if you're interested about these pens, I can try to  make one. I haven't even play with it on actual watercolor papers, but from the samples I saw on their booth, it would be awesome.

This second set is called Wink of Stella and it has fabulous super fine glitters. Wasn't gonna buy it either, till I saw the actual colors on paper, sooo pretty. I used this on the word "birthday" on the card.


 I'll play more with the pens and share my thoughts & experience here. You can also see more tutorial on youtube. Just search Kuretake ZIG art (ZIG is manufactured by Kuretake).

Jenny.... I hope your birthday is filled with colorful things that makes you happy. From here, please hop on over to the lovely ASHLEY blog. Thanks so much for hopping along.

15 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

adorable card, vera and i love that you shared the watercolor pens--haven't seen them before:)

Anita Rex said...

Vera I love this CAS card! And I've never heard of these markers before! They are sooo cool! You really should show more or even make a video! So happy you took part in this hop!

Divine said...

Love the card. It's simple and cute :)

Jenny said...

LOVE this sweet card, so adorable!!! :) :) :) thank you so much sweetie!! xo

Marlou McAlees said...

Loving your sweet card and the colours are fabulous!!! TFS :)

Laurel said...

So adorable!

Tanya said...

Oh this is so cute!

sharon g said...

I'm trying to learn to blend with pens....

susanne said...

So sweet! I enjoyed the blog hop! Have a wonderful birthday Jenny! Susanne Lavender&roses

Neha said...

awesome b'day card!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous adorable Birthday card Vera, love it.
luv
Debby

Alice said...

really love the colorful birthday. fabulous CAS card, Vera!

ChristineCreations said...

What cool touches of color on this card...such a sweet sentiment too!

Buffy Thomas - Kuretake said...

Hi Vera, what a lovely card! I'm so glad to hear you were inspired to try some more Kuretake ZIG products after attending our CHA workshop! We're following your blog and look forward to seeing what else you come up with.
Buffy

Elisa said...

So cute, love it!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...