Monday, August 15, 2011

Lawnscaping One Layer

Hi peeps. Sorry for being late with  my Lawnscaping post today. I had internet connection problem and had to call my provider technical support. Phew.... luckily they were able to fix it. Let's get moving, shall we.


This time we have "One Layer" challenge at Lawnscaping sponsored by Jenny Bowlin.



And here's my one layer card using the masking technique.


I cut a circle on a post it note, layer it on top of the card, stamp the images, then colored them in with chalks. For the sun, I punch out a small circle, cut a few triangles for the sunrays for masking. I hope you will join us for this super fun challenge. Check out the DT fabulous samples at LAWNSCAPING.

This past weekend, I did get creative and I made this card for CASE challenge #52 and I am casing THIS card by Tui Nathan. Her card was actually inspired by Teneale Williams card, but I was inspired by Tui's use of the yellow color. I don't play with the color yellow often, but her card inspired me to do so.


BTW, have you received Paper Crafts Card Ideas for Paper Crafters?? It's fabulous. Loads of inspirations. And, yep.. yep.., yours truly have 1 card published in there. :) Here's a look at the card that I made following one of the sketch. It's a pull out card.


Thank you all so much for stopping by. Hope your week start off great!

7 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

love your simple designs, girl! fab cards. love that house card, too cute! congrats!! =)

Trinh said...

Ooh congrats on the new pub, Vera! That house is too cute; can't wait to see it in the issue.

Judy1223 said...

Wow, this post is chock full of goodness! Congrats on the publication, well deserved. I adore the one layer card...such a cute little piggie! And I love the beautiful golden yellow card, too...all wonderful!

cbuswell said...

Fab CAS cards and your house card is brilliant! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Julie said...

Gorgeous CASE! Love the bright fun color! Thanks for playing along at CASE Study this week.

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Great cards, Vera! Love your style! :)

Jenny said...

Oh how cute these cards are!! :) :) :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails