Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Spunky Bird

Yesterday, I have a couple happy mails waiting for me. One is from Some Odd Girl containing new sets for this month release. Stay tune for that...

Then, the second mail was from Paper Smooches called "My Peeps". I just placed the order for this on Saturday, so I really wasn't expecting it to arrive by Monday. But, yep, it's here already. That's what I called super speedy service.

With new, cute set on hand, I just have to play the latest Paper Smooches Sparks challenge.


The challenge is to create a card inspired by this pic.


I love the warm pink colors with the green and aqua color, although I went with a darker tone. And, this is the card I made using once of the spunky bird. To reflect the tag on the pic, I cut a tag shape and stamp my sentiment on it. Then while I was debating how I want to do my bird, I saw the clothes pin and I thought it would be fun to make the bird stands on a pair of stilt made of tree branch from "Hang Ups" set.


I don't usually use this kind of green, but I think it makes the color combo on this card more fun. Hope this card makes you smile with its silliness.  Have a great day everyone!

11 comments:

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

hahahaha this is super cute,Vera!!!

Laurel Beard said...

Super cute Vera!!!

Barb said...

It's adorable, Vera! Love that whimsical bird!

Kelly Booth said...

Soooooooo Cute!!! I LOVE this VERA!!!!

Kelly Booth said...

Soooooooo Cute!!! I LOVE this VERA!!!!

chillin with Quillin said...

Soooo cute, love it!!!!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, my heavens, check out this CUTE bird! Fun use of the challenge colors...very clever!

Heather said...

EEK! Totally cute!!!

Joy said...

Oh now I love this card, super fun and makes me smile big time Vera, how adorable..hugs

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

(-: This is awesome!

Marie said...

Such a fun and cute card! Love the little bird on stylts =) TFS!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...