Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 1 With Kelly

A few months ago, when I went through a creative slump, Kelly Latevola invited me to pair up with her in doing a challenge. We decided to do it again. This time we pick some pics from Pinterest as our source of inspiration.

I am addicted to Pinterest. So many gorgeous images and so many things you can learn about. Anyway, for the next three days, starting today we'll be sharing our project. For today we based our card on this gorgeous bird pic.


And, here's my card. I know, Kelly, you must be gasping right now... that I actually use flower stamp.  LOL, for our last challenge, I whined on how hard it was for me to use flower stamp. Seriously, as much as I love flower stamps, it's always quite a challenge for me to use them. But, this time, I am pretty happy with the result.


I am also making this card for Hero Arts monthly challenge. 

Well, thank you for stopping by here and don't forget to come back  tomorrow to see the winner list from Cards That Care Blog Hop. See you then and don't forget to check out Kelly's card.  :)

12 comments:

Debbie C. said...

The colour of that bird is amazing and your card picks up the colour effect to a tweet. Great card.

~amy~ said...

perfect card based on that fab inspiration photo!

Kelly Latevola said...

Vera you were so right! For a second I wondered if I was on the right blog ;) Your card is gorgeous my friend!

SUSAN said...

This card so beautiful, nicely color...:)

hugs,
Susan

Hanneke said...

What a lovely card! The inspiration photo is really cool! I love the colors. I too find flower stamps hard to use, I have two sheets of clear flower stamps waiting to be inked up. Can't decide on how to use them. Hugs, Hanneke

Jeanette M. said...

Beautiful card. I like the image and the colours.

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so beautiful.... so amazing...

chillin with Quillin said...

love the image and colors, very nice!!!
Paula

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely colours and such a sweet card, Jo x

Brenda said...

That is one of my favourite birds that I remember from South Africa! They are beautiful and you did it great justice with your card Vera!

Judy1223 said...

Just gorgeous, Vera! (And so is that bird!)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a gorgeous flower image--LOVE your coloring and card design! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...