Saturday, August 10, 2013

Triangle Birdie

This weekend is a slow one for me. I finally get a chance to just chill out and catching up on some magazine and did a Glee marathon. And also play in my craft room, of course.

It took me a while to catch up with the triangle trend. Finally decided to give it a try. And what do you know.... I combined this trend with my love of bird.


To make this card, I first cut the bird and then cut all the little triangles and adhere them to the bird. LOL, I think about one third of the way, I started to re-evaluate my idea. Almost decided to chuck the whole thing. It feels like it took forever to cut and arrange those small triangles. But, I am glad that I kept going as I am pretty happy with the result.

I am making this card for Moxie Fab Trendy Triangle and Simon Says Stamp Triangle challenge using goodies I got from i {heart} papers. The patterned paper are from Echo Park Bundle of Joy Girl and Bundle of Joy Boy Dots & Stripes 6x6 pad. The sentiment is from Neat & Tangles Across The Card set.

So, what do you think of the triangle trend? Yay or nay? I am still on  the fence about it. Well, that's it for me for this weekend. Enjoy your weekend, peep.


10 comments:

Aimes said...

Wowzers! This is a BEAUTY! So glad that you didn't walk away from project and stuck with it. Seriously stunning!

Nonni T said...

First time I've been to your blog. Nice! Thanks for the op to win Holiday Cards & More.

Unknown said...

Goodness! Your hard work paid off!

Unknown said...

Goodness! Your hard work paid off!

Rachel said...

OH my gosh! this is just amazing... im so glad you kept at it!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

maria f. said...

Wonderful trendy birdie.

Nancy Penir said...

So glad you kept going! This is gorgeous.Great card.

Kara said...

love this cool patchwork bird!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Vera! Thanks for linking this up to the Trendy Triangles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Trinh said...

This is so pretty, Vera! Your perseverance paid off!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...