Monday, December 30, 2013

Count Your Rainbows

As the year ending, I look back on 2013 with gratefulness.

I am grateful that even though I live on the other side of the world from my family, I still get to see my niece first year through pictures and Skype. My family is making sure my niece knows me and I know her. There were tons of pictures and updates. An lots of Skyping. She is the only baby in Wirianta's family and to I love her tremendously.

My li'l sunshine, 1 year old. :)

Am also thankful that I achieved one of my dream, which was to take my mom on vacation to Europe. We went to Paris for a week and had a great vacation. Okay... we might suffer a bit from the cold weather as we didn't quite expect winter cold in Paris in mid May. But, we still make the best of it.

And, in 2013 our family grew from 4 to 5 then back to 4. We adopted a rescue, Abby in June. Then, sadly we had to let Ollie, our 15 year old pug went to the rainbow bridge mid of October. I was heart broken, but at the same time I am thankful for the time I had with her. She taught me responsibilities, persistence, and most of all about being a good doggy mom. :)

Abby & Eli love snuggling together. Seeing them together makes me happy.

A few years back, one of my wish was to work with good people who appreciate my work ethic and offer flexible hours. Well, that wish came true as well. I love my job and the people I work with. My boss can sometime drives me crazy and makes me want to bang my head to the wall, but he's fun to work with and he actually is a pretty darn good boss. I love that our office always aim for drama free environment.

Craft wise, 2013 been pretty awesome. I started the year with fun time at winter CHA and met some girls that become good friends. Then, I get to work with some fabulous companies and was picked as one of the winner for World Card Making Day. Most of all, I am so grateful for the friends I met through this hobby.

With that note, I want to share this card I made for i {heart} papers. Thankful that I get to work with this awesome company.


I made this card using Reverse Confetti Count Your Rainbows set and the cute fox from Lawn Fawn Into The Wood set. Also entering this card for Simon Says Stamp Bling It On challenge (the word "count" is covered with Clear Wink of Stella glitter pen and the green glitter paper is from American Crafts POW paper).

I hope this year been a good year for you all as well. And, I am sure we all have our up and downs through the year, but like my wise mom always said you need some hard times, so you can appreciate the good times. At the end, count your rainbows and your blessings and not your thunderstorm. Happy Monday, everyone!

5 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Thankful for you too!

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Love the bling on the bottom!!

I hope you have a better year in 2014! God bless and Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Trinh said...

Adorable card to finish out the year! Hope 2014 is even better for you, Vera!

~amy~ said...

I love this Vera! Happy New Year!

jeannine said...

Great card, sweet sentiment! Happy New Year!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...