Saturday, December 27, 2014

Wishing Penguin

Oh my... there's only a few days left of 2014. I always have mix feeling about the end of the year. On one end I am excited for the coming year, on the other end, I'd look back and wonder where did the year go. And, looking back often makes me feel melancholy.

There's always so much things I want to do, to experience and the fact that the year fly by so fast, sometime just makes me wonder if I'd get to do all the stuff on my bucket list. And, I also think of the many family moments that I miss with me being far away from my mom and my brothers. This part definitely makes me sad.

Anyway, I try hard not to dwell  on being sad. It's not something that just come naturally, but over the years, I have become a more optimistic person and subconsciously I tend to wish big. And, sometime the wish doesn't come true right away, but for it come true, you have to dream it, to wish it, right?

This card says it all. Wish big! :)


Supplies: Avery Elle Storybook set, More Stories set,
Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine petite paper pack,
Glitz Felicity 6x6 paper pad

I made this mini card using goodies I got from i {heart} papers. My SIL just let me know she needed more mini card and of course, I am happy to oblige. :) Am also entering this card to Simon Says Stamp anything goes challenge.

For now, I am enjoying the long weekend. It's nice to have a break from work. I was feeling burn out and totally savoring this time off. It's nice to just rest, you know. Well, that's all for me. Come back on Monday as I'll have a fabulous announcement to share. See you soon.

6 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Too cute!!

Dawnll said...

This is adorable as can be.

Shelly said...

Aww...so cute! <3

Becca Cruger said...

Your card is simply adorable. I love that color scheme - it's almost a little old-fashioned. Sending you some big hugs. I am far away from my family, too, and I know how hard it can be - no matter how many cool things you're accomplishing.

Virginia L. said...

This is absolutely DARLING!! I adore the pattern paper and colors....Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Wish you all the best in 2015, Vera!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...