Friday, January 30, 2015

Do What You Love

Growing up, I never quite know what I want to be. At first, I thought of becoming engineer because that's what everyone in my class put as their career goal. Realized I have no interest on it whatsoever. Then, I thought of becoming a journalist. But, I had major case of shyness issue and had hard time talking to new people, so scratch that.

Next, I was contemplating career as fashion designer as I always love fashion. However, I am really bad at sewing. And, I believe to be a good designer you need to be good at sewing as well. Another scratch. I finished high school not knowing what career I really want to go for. I went to finance major and hated it. Switch to management. Still didn't feel like it's the right thing. 

Well, fast forward to now. I now work for a home builder managing their purchasing department. After spending my 20's with no clear direction, I spent my 30's finding that direction. And as I am in the last few months of my 30's I am happy to say that I finally in a good place. Where I do what I love. 

Being purchasing coordinator for construction company was never in my list, but it turned out to be something that I enjoy and pretty good at. You just never know what God plan for you. All you could do, just trust that He'll guide you.I was my boss first hire almost 4 years ago and am pretty darn proud of where we are. Most important, I love what I do. 

My inspiration during my journey is my brothers. Both of  them are very passionate about their job. My older brother is a cardiologist and my younger brother is a photographer. They live life to the fullest and they love what they do. Doing what you love is good for the soul. I totally believe this!

And yes, that's including paper crafting. Paper crafting is one of the thing that always constant for me. I always love it. Whether it was scrapbooking or card making. 

This card below totally reflect this. 




Today, I am counting my blessings that I get to do what I love and I love what I do. Hm... I am thinking that maybe every Friday I should do a post that focus on what we're thankful for. It doesn't have to be big things as so often it's the little things that makes life amazing. What do you think? Would you enjoy a positive, encouraging post like that? 

To participate, all you need to do is leave comment about what you thankful for. I think being grateful is a good habit to have. Let's try it. I'd love to have you share what you're grateful for and why. :)

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card, Vera! And love your post! Happy Friday! I'm thankful for my husband and kids! (without them, I'd be lost!)

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful card! So glad you have a job you love!! I am thankful that God has it all in His hands!

Rubeena I. said...

what a sweet, sweet post! I'm 30 and finishing up my second master's degree, believing that social work is my calling. But I didn't know that 6 months ago I'd get into this whole world of papercrafting and have it change my world! I am a believer that we develop a better sense of self and direction over the course of our journey. So happy to hear that you're enjoying what you do and that you have positive energy around you. I am thankful for support from family and for all the blessings that God has bestowed upon us :) your card is gorgeous! on a totally random note, my brother married a born and raised Indonesian...she just came here to the US about a month ago.. they have a 10-month-old together. he's the cutest :) I visited Indonesia for their wedding two years ago...loved it. Hope I get to go visit again whenever they decide to go back and visit her family. Everyone was so sweet there. <3

Julie C. said...

Your card is beautiful, Vera! I am thankful for my parents, without them I won't be where I am today.

Ginny said...

Love your card and post! Your journey is interesting and I think sums up what a lot of us go through. As for what I am grateful for, right now I have to be shallow and say "coffee". I LOVE my cup of Hazelnut coffee in the morning. And I'm having it right now. Makes me very happy. :-)

Anonymous said...

it's interesting where we end up in our lives isn't it. I am grateful for so many things. I feel I am a very lucky lady and lead a blessed life. Today I'm grateful for family, friends, good food and air conditioning :) Its' hot here today in Queensland, Australia! xx

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...