Wednesday, June 7, 2017

SSS Challenge: Make It Masculine

** For The Ton Stamps Release post please scroll down or click HERE.**
  

Hi peeps! I am so excited to be joining SSS Wednesday Challenge for the month of June. It's been a while since my last guest designer gig for them and am always happy when I got the invite to do so. For today, our challenge is to make a masculine card.





I chose to do a boy birthday card. My nephews love animals and I  made this card with them in mind. To create this card, I used the cute critters from SSS Birthday Farm Animals and sentiment from SSS Birthday Balloons

To make this card, I fist stamped the image on a card panel with MFT Kraft Hybrid ink pad and then color all the image with Copic. For added interest and to ground the birthday trio I stenciled brick wall using MFT Brick Wall Mixable Stencils. I did the stencil with no masking. How? Since it's only a very small part that go over the critters, and I use finger ink dauber, it allows me greater control on where I want the ink to go compare to if you're using regular sponge. I'd probably use masking if it's brighter or darker colors (to be safe).

Once I'm done working with the panel, I adhere a strip of colored cardstock to the card base and then add the panel and finished with some Tonic Nuvo Morning Dew Enamel Drop.



I hope you will play along! To see all the challenge detail and to enter you card please click HERE. Thank you for stopping by here.


8 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card vera :-) the little farm animals are adorable and I love the stencilled brick wall too, the whole design is super cute :-)

It is so lovely to have you back with us Vera!! :-) 💕

luv
Lols x x x

Melissa Bove said...

Such a sweet card Vera! Love those sweet little animals! Too cute! Great coloring!

So happy to have you back with us all month!! :)

hugs...

Virginia L. said...

SO cute! I love your soft coloring in this, Vera! Happy to have you guest designing with us this month!

Tracy Freeman said...

Vera this is so so cute ! So happy to have you guesting with us xxx

Stephanie said...

Vera, I will always adore the farm animal stamp set and you colored it so perfectly! Fab job!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lin said...

Welcome back, Vera! Your nephews will just love this card - it sure did make me smile!

Teresa Doyle said...

Very well done Vera, I love the colours you used and the images are just adorable.

Shelly said...

Super duper cute, Vera!

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...