Thursday, February 4, 2021

The Ton Sunflower Pop Up Dies Release

Hi peeps. Welcome to The Ton release day. Today we're only releasing one set of dies, but it is such a cool set. Introducing Sunflower Pop Up dies.

I always love pop up cards. I think they're fun and when I saw the sneak peek of this dies, I got so excited. 




For the front of my card I start with the background panel, which I create using the Quilted A2 Coverplate die. Adhere the panel to cad base. Next I stamp, die cut the sunflower pieces from an older set from The Ton collection called Fresh Cut Sunflowers.  Arrange and adhere to the card base.

Next, the fun part. The pop up mechanism. Now, it looks a bit complicated, but it really isn't. I simply watch and follow the direction on the instruction video HERE. I got it done with the first try. Just a simple learning curve.



 
The pic above shown how it looks like when the card open 90 degree. Now, in my opinion, it doesn works better when you use less thicker cardstock. Otherwise it gets too bulky. And, instead of using colored cardstock, for y card, I chose to use white cardstock and inked the flowers and the leaves using The Ton Lemon Drop, Vanilla Frosted Cupcake, Soft Garden and Bright Fern ink. I feel like I get more depth of colors this way.




So, what do you think? Fun right? Now, my teammates have created more inspiration using this die set. Please check out their wonderful creations. Thank you all so much for stopping by here and I hope you love this die set as much as I do. Happy Thursday!

The Ton
Tae Eun
Anna
Vera <-- you are here
Olga
Brenda

1 comment:

Surekha Galagoda said...

Dear Vera
Love the card front which has a tall vase with sun flowers as well as the inside with the pop up sunflower. This is the first time I am seeing the pop up mechanism in action with dies. Thank you Ton for taking away the measurements involved in pop up cards.Thank you for your hard work. Stay safe and blessed

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...