Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Ollie, A Year Later

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my baby girl, Ollie went across the rainbow bridge. And, yes, we still miss her. There's time where hubby and I would reminisce about her.

Ollie was my first dog that really mine. I grew up with dogs and when I decided to have a dog, I always know I wanted a pug. I don't know why, I just know I want pug. Never even own one. I did my research, learn about them as much as I can. I wanted to be a responsible dog owner as I view having a dog as a lifetime commitment.

With her, I learned about being a mom. From cleaning up pee, poop, butt, taking care of her when she's sick, etc. Trust me, I was a squeamish girl when it came to cleaning up nasty stuff. You should see my face when I had to pick up poop the first time. LOL. Soon, I didn't even blink an eye. ;)

3 years after I got Ollie, I got Milo. My 2 pugs save my life. I went through some dark period and the thing that keep me going was my pugs. They were my life line. Sadly, I lost Milo when he ran away and to this day it was one regret in my life. I failed at keeping him safe. My heart still aching every time I think of him.

Losing him, definitely make me even more protective of Ollie and all my dogs that come after Milo. Ollie was feisty, bossy, loving. She was my strong girl. Late 2012 Ollie started having some health issue, but her tail still wagging and full of life.

By October 2013, she was getting worse and we finally came to the point where we had to make that decision that none of us as animal lover want to make. I prayed as we let her go that Milo, Hank, Nick, Becky, Barney all the dogs that our family used to have were welcoming her and keeping her company. I like to think my dad is waiting for her as well and maybe now she's keeping him company.

In remembrance of Ollie, I want to share this card.


Ollie, you'll always be in our hearts. Each dog in our life has special spot in my heart. I hope she knows how much I miss and love her. A year later and you're still my baby girl, Ollie. Always...



2 comments:

Shelly said...

Aww...such a sweet card! And what a sweet story. Hugs

whoistracy said...

What a great story Vera. I remember you posting pics of her on your blog. I always loved seeing them. What a great way to remember her.

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...