Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Silhouette Works...

This is my 2nd post for today. For Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge post please scroll down or click here.

I have to post twice today. Too excited to wait another day. :) I am so happy that I finally figured out how to make my Quickutz Silhouette works with my new computer!! When I googled it before, someone said that Silhouette doesn't work with Windows 7. Then, Jackie one of my blog follower, emailed me and said hers work with Windows 7. Big hugs to you Jackie! If you didn't tell me, I wouldn't have known.

And the customer service from Silhouette was superb. They emailed me back promptly each time I had questions. Finally, after 3 days of trying, my beautiful toy is working to my satisfaction. Happy tears. LOL. Can you see how excited I am?

And, my excitement apparently get my mojo going. I made these 2 cards. This first one is following the 2S4Y sketch 51. Yep, this Hero Arts Poppy stamp is definitely one of my favorite stamp. Like a dress, you can dress this image up or down. Here, all the colored poppies are layered for extra dimensions and covered with glossy accents. And since, I did add a little bling to this card, it's perfect for Paper Play Challenges as well. :)

My second card is the result of my Silhouette. I loved, loved the fact that they are working together with American Craft. The bird is American Craft image. LOVED it! And since the moment I saw it, I know I want to make the bird at the main focus and I know I want to keep the card clean looking. I am really happy with the way the card turned out. Just the way I envisioned it.

When I used my Silhouette, I tend to use white cardstock and then colored the image afterwards. Here, I colored it with Copic and Prismacolor markers. I embossed the inside of the cloud for texture and attached the wing and the heart with pop-dots. I am entering this card for CAS-tastic Wednesday challenge 2.


One more thing, I just have to share about my talented MIL, Jane. I am so grateful that I am one of those lucky people that have a loving MIL. And, on top of that, she's very talented, too. She does pottery, jewelry, etc. This week, she spoiled me rotten. She dropped 12 sets of earrings for me. I just have to take pic of all the earrings. And she said she still has more. I was like, umm... you just gave me 12. I told her she should sell her stuff at Etsy. If you think she should, leave me some comments, so she'll believe me when I said people would buy her stuff. :) Thank you mom, for the awesome earrings!


That's all for my happy post for my happy card today. Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you enjoy today's blog. Have a happy day..... :) Vera

18 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, love your fabulous cards! And those earrings are so pretty!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's "CAS-tastic Wednesday" birthday card challenge!

Laura Davis said...

Oooohhh I LOVE poppies! ;)
Very pretty!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Jackie said...

I love your cards and I can't wait till that poppy stamps is in the Hero Arts catalog! Our pitiful Michael's store doesn't have any :-(. I'm glad you got your Silhouette working again. Your earrings are beautiful - she should start an Etsy shop. PS - if I am the Jackie you mean I am not on the Mami Doodles design team :-)

Bonita Rose said...

Thanks for joining us at CAS Tastic.. your cards are both amazing!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Oops, sorry Jackie. I know 2 Jackie. So sorry, didn't mean to mix you up. Thank you again for your help. :)

Kathy Martin said...

What beautiful cards! Love the double stamped flowers on the first and the embossed cloud on the second! :)

Janelle said...

Love the colors you used on your 2S4Y card! Great interpretation of the sketch.

Rose said...

Hi Vera! Love the cards and love the earrings! Thanks for playing this week at 2S4Y!

Stacey Schafer said...

pretty card! love those popped up flowers:) thanks for joining us at 2S4Y!

Heather Gates said...

Love the poppy image! What a wonderful card.

cnelson said...

Fabulous cards!! Your mil makes beautiful jewelry...how wonderful that you have such a great relationship with her!

Karen B. said...

Superb cards, my favorite is your CAS with the cloud! Amazing design and composition!

Deirdre said...

Hey Vera, thanks for all the lovely comments you left on my blog this week - was away on vacation and just got back. So much fun catching up on all the lovely comments people left during my "digi week".
LOVE your cards.... loved reading about your new toy too... lucky you.

Adore the earrings - so cute.... you are having a great day. Off to read more of your posts now.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Yay for you!

Your card is too adorable!

And how lucky you are to receive such beautiful earrings! :)

Angie Cortes said...

Wow! Both cards are fabulous!! I really love that embossed cloud on the 2nd one! Thanks for playing along at CAS-tastic Wednesday!

Arlene said...

Fabulous cards - just love the orange of the poppies and how the colors seem to leap from the card.

Your MIL's earrings are wonderful - lovely colors and style.

Agata said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Julie M said...

Lovely cards, Vera - I love that Hero Arts stamp too. And lucky you, 12 pairs of earrings - they're gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

Julie :o)

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...