Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy WCMD

* For Caring Hearts Card Drive post please scroll down. *

World Card Making Day 2012

Hi all and happy WCMD! How are you celebrating this special day?

For me, to kick off the celebration, I start with Caring Hearts Card Drive post (please scroll down or click on  the link). It's a cause that's close to my heart, which is to bring smile and joy to the elderly who lives in nursing homes. I hope you will consider to participate or if you have a nursing home in mind who you think could benefit from this, please let me know.

Now, when I do the card drive I am not merely collecting cards. I make as many cards as possible myself. I guess I always want to make sure I have enough cards to send as each year, I just never know how many cards people will send. And with every package that come in, I always feel amazed and grateful.

So, here's 2 holiday cards for starter. :)



And, I have something else  to celebrate!! Yesterday, I got my Paper Crafts Nov/December edition and this page makes me want to dance:

As published on Paper Crafts 2012 Nov/Dec issue.

Can you spot me? This is my first experience of have my face published on magazine due to my creations. The other times it was because of my brother, so I don't really count that. :) Let just say I am still pinching myself.

And, here's a look at the card that land me this honor. Hah... I do so love stacking my critters. :)



What made this even more special? I get to share this with my mom who is here with me at the moment. That is priceless.

I am so looking forward to celebrate WCMD! I am sure I will find many fabulous inspirations in blog land today! Let the celebration continue.  :)

9 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

congrats on your achievements, your card is awesome!!!!!
Paula

Jaclyn Miller said...

Gorgeous cards and congrats on royalty. ;) Happy WCMD!

Veronica Z said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards! I love the large sentiment stamp you used on your Christmas cards! And big congrats on winning Stamping Royalty! I've not seen the issue yet, so thank you for the sneak peek. We are right next to each other! Happy WCMD Vera!

Rachel said...

the subway art on your cards is so stunning... and i wanted to jump for joy for you when i saw that page! huge congrats, and you totally deserve it!!!

Pat said...

What a cute card! Congrats!

Looking forward to working w/you on the card drive...I will be focusing on that soon, too! :)

Loly Borda said...

Congrats on your achievements! I'm so happy for you, so well deserved as every piece of your work is amazing. I'd like to be part of the card drive, I'll read more about it. Hugs

Aimes said...

Fabby holiday cards! Hope you has a great WCMD! Loved seeing your pic and card in my issue of Paper Crafts - congrats!
Hugs!
x

Pamela said...

These are fantastic!!! Great cards! And congrats!! :)

mtscrapgal said...

I did see your pix in my issue of Paper Crafts. I said to myself "hey, I know her. I check her blog daily". Congratulations again for the honor.Glad your mom was there to see it in person.

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...