Friday, May 26, 2017

Dotty Turnabout

Hi peeps! Yay for Friday. Today, I am back with  more fun projects as guest designer for Concord & 9th. This time, we're highlighting the fun Dotty Turnabout set and All About You dies.

If you haven't tried their Turnabout stamps, you definitely should give it a try! The Dotty Turnabout is their third turnabout set, which allows you to easily create multi-colored backgrounds with just one stamp, one jig, 1-4 ink colors, an Original MISTI™ and a few turns of your paper! Watch the Turnabout instructional VIDEO to show how to line up the stamp for successful stamping!

Here's my 1st card showing the set being used to create horizontal card.




How refreshing is this color combo? I feel like it totally conveying cheerfulness. For this card, I only turned my panel three times, thus leaving some white space. And, the fun thing with the dots, you can also stray from the original line up to create a more overlap design. Just make sure you used colors that works together to avoid muddy look when the color overlap.

Once I finished stamping the panel, I simply die-cut the word thank you. For the word you, I die-cut it once directly on the card panel and once from a gray cardstock for the outline part to make the word you stand out and create good contrast with the rest of the card. Finish the card with a thin strip of glitter paper.

For my next card, I went vertical and only turn the panel twice, leaving plenty of white space that I filled with watercolor. 




I heat embossed the dots first with white embossing powder and the second time with rose gold embossing powder. Once that done I watercolor the whole panel. Once it dry, I then die-cut the word Hello using Double-Cut Alphabet Dies.

Here's a close up look of the sentiment where you can see the double cut of the alphabets. I really really love this alphabet dies. So versatile & I just love the look.




Well peeps, that's all from me today. Thank you for stopping by here and don't forget to stop by Concord & 9th Blog to check out what Janette Kausen and Justin Kriger have created with these sets for more fun inspiration.

Have a blessed Friday!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Awesome cards, Vera!

Foodista88 said...

That "Thank You" card is just so bright and beautiful!

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...