The holidays are about family, kindness, and joy. During this time many of the elderly living in nursing homes may feel extra lonely or miss their families. We can bring a smile to their faces and brighten their holiday season simply by sharing our love of card making. A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forgotten. That someone is still thinking of them. We all love making cards and what’s better than knowing that our creations can bring a smile to others, right?
Our team of helpful volunteers are all ready to assist us in delivering the cards to selected nursing homes.
- This card drive will be run from October 1 to November 10, 2018. We need to receive your cards by November 10, 2018.
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes only.
- Please limit 100 cards per person.
(The reason for this is because my 5 year old niece was recently diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and I'll be making a trip abroad during the card drive to be with her. Being with her & my family at this time is very important to me and at the same time I want to continue doing the card drive. Limiting the number of cards will also help in keeping things manageable for our volunteers and me. Thank you for your understanding.)
- All cards need to have a message inside (can be stamped or hand written).
- Sign your name and where you are from inside the card.
- Include an envelope for each card and please don't seal the envelope.
- Please stick to standard size A2 or 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card as this will help us in packing more efficiently.
- Please don't use any pins or loose glitter (for safety reasons).
- This is totally optional, but if you'd like to include $2 or $3 to help with shipping, it'll be much appreciated. We cover the shipping cost ourselves & postage prices have increased, so any donation toward shipping would help tremendously.
For US, you can mail the cards to:
- Vera Yates, 1314 Roy St., Houston, TX 77007
- Cindy Groh, 111 10 Mile Rd NW Sparta, MI 49345
- Lynn Marasigan, Pine Tree Villa, 3353 Cimmarron Road, Cameron Park, CA 95682
- Deb McCleary, CHCD, PO Box 54, Watsonia, VIC, 3087 Australia
- Caroline Bredeson, 11 Ave. des Oblats, Unit 112, Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 5V8, Canada
- Rita Andrews, 28 West Gissing Rd, Cochrane, Alberta T4C 1L6, Canada
For United Kingdom:
- Tania Ahmed, 47a Melbourne Road, Bushey, WD23 3LT UK
In each package, PLEASE include THIS SUBMISSION FORM. This helps us in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance. So the more cards you send, the better your chances.
To thank you for your generosity in supporting this drive, we have several PRIZES ready for several winners. There will be many winners. :)
The nursing homes that we supported are based on what people suggested to us. If you want your local nursing homes to receive cards from the card drive, please email me or Jennifer McGuire the name of the nursing homes and the number of residents, so we can make sure that we send enough cards. The number of nursing homes we support are totally based on how many cards we received. To keep things organized, we assigned the 7 collecting addresses above.
I'll update the prize list as more prizes coming in. And huge thank you to all the fabulous, generous companies who support this card drive by donating awesome prizes.
PLATINUM PRIZES (everyone sending 100 cards will be entered for these prizes)
Gina K. Designs - Two $100 GC
Jennifer McGuire Ink - $100 for Simon Says Stamp
Organize More - $75 GC
Stamp-n-Storage - $100 GC
GOLD PRIZE (everyone who send cards will be entered for these prizes)
Altenew - Two $50 GC
A Jillian Vance Design - $25 GC
Avery Elle - Two $50GC
Clearly Besotted - approx $40 GC
Ellen Hutson - Two $25 GC
Hallmark Scrapbook & Crafts - Three $50 GC
Hero Arts - $50 GC
Honey Bee Stamps - Two $50 GC
Jane's Doodle - $50 GC
Lawn Fawn - Three $50 GC
Newston's Nook Designs - Two $25 GC
Paper Smooches - Two $25 GC
Picket Fence Studios - Two 50 GC
Pink & Main - $25 GC
Pretty Pink Posh - Two $50 GC
Simon Says Stamp - $50 GC
Spellbinders - $25 GC
Studio Katia - Two Canada $35 CG
SugarPea Designs - $30 GC
Taylored Expressions - Four $25 GC
The Ton Stamps - $25 GC for The Ton stamps
I will update the prize list as I get more. :) Please feel free to share about this card drive. We really appreciate your support & generosity. Let's rock this card drive and bring Christmas joy to as many nursing homes as we can!! Thank you.