Hi all. We are back for the 7th year for our annual Caring Hearts Card Drive. The purpose of our card drive is to collect holiday cards for the elderly that lives in nursing homes. I started this card drive 7 years ago, in 2010 in honor of my mom's request. That first year, we collected 750 cards. And each year it continue to grow bigger. Last year we received over 22,000 cards and distribute the cards to over 100 nursing homes throughout the US, Canada and Australia.
Jennifer McGuire and I are excited to continue bringing holiday cheers to many nursing homes. This year, we are branching out to the United Kingdom and this will allow us to start distributing in UK/Europe.
The holidays are about family, kindness, and joy. During this time many of the elderly who lives in nursing homes would really feel the loneliness or missing their family. Wouldn't it be so awesome if we can bring a smile to their face & brighten their holiday season simply by sharing our love of card making? A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forgotten. That someone still thinking of them.
We all love making cards and what’s better than knowing our creations can bring a smile to others, right? Some helpful people already agree to help us deliver the cards to selected nursing homes.
- This card drive will be going on from October 1 to November 25, 2016. We need to receive your card by November 25, 2015.
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes. Anyone can send a card, your children, church group, scout troops, etc.
- All cards need to have a message inside (it can be stamped or hand written).
- Please sign your name and where you are from (inside the card).
- Please include an envelope for each card and please don't seal the envelope.
- Please stick to standard size A2 or 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card as this will help us in packing more efficiently
- Please don't use any pins (safety reason).
- This is totally optional. But, if you'd like to include $1 or $2 to help with shipping, it'll be much appreciated. We cover the shipping cost ourselves, with no sponsor, so any donation toward shipping would help tremendously.
- Vera Yates, 1314 Roy St., Houston, TX 77007
- Tina Schrof , 185 W. Pugh Drive, Springboro, OH 45066
- Lynn Reloza, 3353 Cimmarron Road, Cameron Park, CA 95682
- Linda Langes, c/o Gilston State School, 588 Worongary Road, GILSTON QLD 4211, Australia
- Deb McCleary, PO Box 213, Heidelberg, VIC 3084, Australia
- Caroline Bredeson, 7 Brown Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 1L9, Canada
- Rita Andrews, 28 West Gissing Rd, Cochrane, Alberta T4C 1L6, Canada
- Taheerah Atchia, 36 Pinewood Crescent,Orrell, Wigan, Lancashire, WN5 8NF, United Kingdom
To thank you for your generosity in supporting this drive, we have several PRIZES ready for several winners. There will be many winners. :)
Also, if you 'd like to help us promote the card drive, whenever you're sharing your projects for Caring Hearts on social media, please use the hashtag #caringheartscarddrive. Part of my life goal is to spread kindness and make kindness a trend. :)
The nursing homes that we supported are based on what people suggested to us. If you want your local nursing homes to receive cards from the card drive, please email me or Jennifer the name of the nursing homes and the number of residents, so we can make sure that we send enough cards. Each year, we never know how many nursing homes we can support as the number are totally based on how many cards we received. To keep things organized, we assigned the 7 collecting addresses above. This way we can keep track of the amount of cards as well as for prize purpose.
I'll update the prize list as more prizes coming in. And huge thank you to all the fabulous, generous companies who support this card drive by donating awesome prizes.
PLATINUM PRIZES (everyone sending 100+ cards will be entered for this prize)
Amy Lee - Package of stamp & dies fromMy Favorite Thing, Ellen Hutson & Mama Elephant $500 value
Gina K. Designs - $200 GC
Mommy Lhey - $100 GC
Simon Says Stamp - $150 GC
Jennifer McGuire Ink - $100 in craft supplies
Maymay Made It - 100 GC
Online Card Classes - $100 GC
Simon Says Stamp - $150 GC
Stamp-n-Storage.com - $100 GC
Waffle Flower Crafts - $100 GC
Altenew - $50 GC
Altenew - $50 GC
A Jillian Vance Design - $20 GC
Avery Elle - $30GC
Birch Press - $25GC
Bossy Josie - $40 GC
Butterfly Reflections Ink - $25 GC
CardMaker Magazine - 1 year subscription
Concord and 9th - $25 GC
Crafter's Companion US - $25 GC
Crafter's Companion UK - £25 GC
CutCardStock.com - $50GC
Ellen Hutson - $50 GC
Hallmark Scrapbook & Crafts - Two $50 GC
Hero Arts - Three $50 GC
Honey Bee Stamps - $50 GC
Jane's Doodle - $50 GC
Lawn Fawn - $50 GC
Litte Things from Lucy's Cards - £25 worth of products
Mama Elephant - $25 GC
My Favorite Things - $50 GC
Organize More - $75 GC
Paper Smooches - $25 GC
Paper Temptress - Two $25 GC
Pink & Main - $30 GC
Pretty Pink Posh - $30
Reverse Confetti - $50 GC
Right At Home - $20 GC
Scrapbook & Cards Today: one year subscription
Spectrum Noir - 1 tin of Coloured Blend Color Pencil
SugarPea Designs - $25 GC
Studio Katia - Canada $35 CG
Sunny Studios - $25 GC
Sweet Escape Digis - $25 GC
Sweet Stamp Shop - Two $25 GC
Taylored Expressions - $50 GC
The Ton Stamps - $25 GC
I will update the prize list as I get more. :) Please feel free to share about this card drive. We really appreciate your support & generosity. Let's rock this card drive and bring Christmas joy to as many nursing homes as we can!! Thank you.
PS: Thank you to Chaitali Narla for designing the badge. :)