Friday, October 4, 2019

2019 Caring Hearts Card Drive



Hi Everyone! Welcome to the 10th Annual Caring Hearts Card Drive. WOW!! I can't believe we're hitting our 10th year mark.

When I started this card drive, I honestly thought it'd be for that year only as I wasn't sure whether I will even have people participating. I was super green and thankful to have Jennifer McGuire's guidance on running a card drive. Your support made this possible for me to keep continue and I am grateful. Many of the places that's been receiving our cards said that receiving the cards is something they're looking forward to every Christmas.

The purpose of our card drive is to collect handmade holiday cards for the elderly that live in nursing homes or live alone.

The holidays are about family, kindness, and joy. During this time many of the elderly living in nursing homes may feel extra lonely or miss their families. We can bring a smile to their faces and brighten their holiday season simply by sharing our love of card making. A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forgotten. That someone is still thinking of them. We all love making cards and what’s better than knowing that our creations can bring a smile to others, right?

Our team of helpful volunteers are all ready to assist us in delivering the cards to selected nursing homes.

IMPORTANT DETAILS:
  • This card drive will be run from October 4 to November 8, 2019. We need to receive your cards by November 8, 2019. UPDATE: We're extending the card drive to Nov. 15, 2019
  • Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes only.
  • All cards need to have a message inside (can be stamped or hand written).
  • Sign your name and where you are from inside the card.
  • Include an envelope for each card and please don't seal the envelope.
  • Please stick to standard size A2 or 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card as this will help us in packing more efficiently. 
  • Please don't use any pins or loose glitter (for safety reasons).
  • This is totally optional, but if you'd like to include $3 or $5 to help with shipping, it'll be much appreciated. We cover the shipping cost ourselves & postage prices have increased. Last year we struggle to cover the postage cost, so any donation toward shipping would help us tremendously.

For US, you can mail the cards to:
  • Vera Yates, 1314 Roy St., Houston, TX 77007 (Note: if you're in Houston and would like to drop off the cards directly please email me at: wirianta at hotmail.com)
  • Cindy Groh, 111 10 Mile Rd NW Sparta, MI 49345 

For Australia:
  • Deb McCleary, CHCD, PO Box 54, Watsonia, VIC, 3087 Australia

For Canada:
  • Caroline Bredeson, 11 Ave. des Oblats, Unit 112, Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 5V8, Canada
  • Rita Andrews, 28 West Gissing Rd, Cochrane, Alberta T4C 1L6, Canada 

In each package, PLEASE include THIS 2019 SUBMISSION FORM. This helps us in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance. So the more cards you send, the better your chances.

NURSING HOMES
The nursing homes that we supported are based on what people suggested to us. If you want your local nursing homes to receive cards from the card drive, please email me the name of the nursing homes and the number of residents, so we can make sure that we send enough cards. The number of nursing homes we support are totally based on how many cards we received. To keep things organized, we assigned the 5 collecting addresses above.

SPECIAL CARING HEARTS SET
SugarPea Designs has created a special Caring Hearts set called Christmas Cheers just for this card drive. It's super cute and I am so honored and humble that they did this. I just love the bears and the owls on this set. Below you could see the set.






To thank you for your generosity in supporting this drive, we have several PRIZES ready for several winners. There will be many winners. :)

I'll update the prize list as more prizes coming in. And huge thank you to all the fabulous, generous companies who support this card drive by donating awesome prizes.
                                                           

Altenew - Two $50 GC




Avery Elle -  Two $50 GC


Bossy Joscie - Free Return Address Stamp



Clearly Besotted£20 GC



Concord & 9th - Two $25 GC


Ellen Hutson - $25 GC






Hero Arts - $25 GC


Honey Bee Stamps - Two $50 GC


Jane's Doodle - $50 GC




Jennifer McGuire Ink - $200 prize pkg



Kat Scrappiness - $25 GC


Lawn Fawn - Two $50 GC



Miss Ink Stamp - $25 GC




Neat & Tangled $25 GC








Online Card Classes - Ten classes (10 winners)



Pink & Main - $25 GC



Organize More - $75 GC


Paper Smooches - $25 GC



Picket Fence Studios - Two 50 GC



Pink & Main - $25 GC



Pretty Pink Posh - Two $25 GC


Reverse Confetti - $25 GC


Right At Home - $20 GC



Simon Says Stamp - $50 GC





Taylored Expressions - Four $25 GC



The Ton Stamps - Stamp set of choice




Waffle Flower $100 GC

Whimsy Stamps - Three $25 GC




I will update the prize list as I get more. :) Please feel free to share about this card drive. We really appreciate your support & generosity. Let's rock this card drive and bring Christmas joy to as many nursing homes as we can!! Thank you. 

39 comments:

Cynthia said...

So happy to see this is in its 10th year! I have a question:
Do you have a maximum number of cards to send? I think last year the max was 100. Thanks! Looking forward to participating.

Lisa Petrella said...

Congratulations on your 10th year!!! How awesome!!! Thank you to you, your team, and all of the sponsors for your time, energy, kindness and generosity :) What an amazing community!!!

Karenladd said...

I look forward to this drive every year and love that you are bringing some holiday cheer to nursing home residents!

Amy C. said...

Thank you for organizing such a wonderful event!

Mary-Anne V said...

So excited to join you again this year with the drive. What a wonderful way to share kindness. I am happy to see the adorable set by Sugar Pea Designs! All the best this year!

Danielle Vincent said...

Such a great thing to do! Using this weekend to make some cards. I love your sweet new set.

Teri S said...

What a fantastic idea! I hope to have time to participate. Thank you for organizing such a thoughtful event and thank you to the sponsors who help!

Audrey said...

Congrats on your 10th year! I look forward to participating!

Lagene said...

Congrats on your 10th year of hosting such a great project for the elderly!

creatingincolors said...

Congratulations on 10 years of this wonderful project. I will indeed be sending cards!

A.Rose said...

So thrilled to see the posting!!! Have a bunch of cards done with more to do!

Donna said...

Question...can the cards say "Merry Christmas"? This is important for me because I have many cards already made and they have that greeting on them.

KristieKreates said...

My crafty friends and I are on it and will be sending in a box of cards again this year. Can't wait to deliver them again this year. Happy 10th anniversary! Thanks for all your dedication and hard work!!!

Anonymous said...

Every year I love making 100 extra cards... But this year I'm a little late in finding out the dates and am really sad there's no UK or Europe collection. That was so handy as the shipping cost for a big box is so huge and very, ear hit and miss if it will get there. Any chance you are in talks to confirm a UK base again for distribution?

Violet said...

I look forward to this every year. 10 years is a wonderful accomplishment, congratulations. Just the thought of the recipients getting these cards makes my heart happy! Thank you for all of your hard work, it is appreciated.

Unknown said...

I live in Houston Tx and would like to deliver my cards personally to you guys so we can save on postage would that be possible?

Sandi said...

This will be my first year participating- I’m so excited!!

Se from Ohio said...

I’m so excited that Jennifer sent the email(and that I read it 😀) regarding this card drive.
I’m super excited to participate!

Ruth G said...

Thanks so much for coordinating this! I love being able to give Seniors something to brighten their holiday!

Djem said...

Just found out about this drive from Jennifer McGuire, I can’t wait to make and send some cards!

Stacy Wolrab said...

I will be sharing this with my customers at Scrapmania in Cedar Rapids, Iowa! We have some of the best card makers around!

Mariecelle said...

Just found out about this from Jennifer McGuire's post. This is my first time participating, my cards are packed and ready to go! What an awesome project.

Nancy F said...

Just mailed my cards. First time doing this so I hope I did them right.

TheWinstonFamily said...

Thanks so much for coordination this! Excited about making cards for our elderly.

Surekha Galagoda said...

DEar Vera
Congratulations from Sunny Sri Lanka. I am going to mail the cards i have as i cannot wait any longer as postage takes time. This is my first year and i am sorry i missed the first post. It is better late than never. Pls accept the cards i send. Blessings to your home from mine.

Surekha Galagoda said...

Dear Vera
I mailed the cards yesterday and i am hoping and praying that you get it on time. The slip you wanted me to put inside could not be done as the printer at the shop was broken and i didnt hv time to try another place as i wanted it on the mail ASAP. Please bear with me. My details are inside.If i am among teh living next year i will do a better job than this year.Blessings to your home from mine

Cheryl Lynn said...

I am excited that Jennifer emailed me about this wonderful drive and already I have many cards to go out. This will be my first time participating in such a gracious event. Thank you for caring!

NatCV said...

Thank you for organising such a wonderful drive. This will be my first year participating.
Is it permitted to invite contact from recipients of the cards? We live away from family (interstate) or have no living parents/grandparents. It would be lovely to have someone to gift with our affection, if they would be interested in that kind of connection.

Lisa Kind said...

I just mailed a package to Cindy. Thanks for organizing this. I’m sure the cards are welcomed with a smile!

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

This is the first of heard of your card drive. I heard it from MayMayMadeIt's recent video on you tube! I've just made 11 cards and sending them off tomorrow. I don't know who to make out the check to for postage, so guess I will just leave it blank. I looked in the Q and A's but couldn't find anything. And I'm glad I read this again because I forgot to sign all the cards, that are already boxed up and sealed! Will open it up and sign them, etc.!!! I've always wanted to do this and it feels good. Marilyn-Oregon

Gab said...

I just sent some cards to Deb in Australia! I'm so happy I found out about this as it's such a lovely idea

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Thank you for extending the date! I just sent some cards to you and I hope they arrive in time. Next year I'll get started sooner. :)

Kim W said...

Thank you for doing this wonderful card drive! I look forward to it every year. I got a late start on my holiday cards (got bit on my hand by a mastiff which prolonged things) but finally got them in the mail today! I am so honored to be a part of this card drive and to help put a smile on someone's face!

Maria Giselle B. said...

I just dropped mine in the mail today. The post office is closed but I used the self check out machine. I sent my cards to Cindy since she is closer to me. It said it should arrive MI this Friday. I have known this Card Drive for a few years now but did not get a chance to participate until this year. I also know I have to start giving my handmade cards away. My card production rate exceeds my card sharing rate so this is one good way of destashing my cards. It is also one way of giving me a reason to create more.

Cocodifre said...

I just found this so I am only sending a small amount of cards, but I will looking forward to next year. Thank you for sponsoring this and allowing others to help. I hope to do a lot more next year.

Take care,
Diana

Judy said...

My cards will be going in the mail tomorrow.

STAMPIN MD said...

I just saw this a few days ago(while watching Jennifer's video). Was able to pull a few cards together. Sending them out today. So excited to be able to do this. Thank you for the opportunity. :) Melanie

VickiA said...

Well silly me I sent my cards on Tuesday and completely forgot to include the submission form hahahaha They should be arriving tomorrow :)

KimberlyO said...

I really enjoyed making these cards!! I already have this year’s and next year’s Christmas cards done for myself so it was nice to have a “reason” to make more.

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...