Thursday, January 28, 2010

In memory of my Dad...

Yesterday, I as feeling a bit blah. It was 8 years ago on January 27, 2002 that I lost my dad. And when my  brother emailed me about it, well what do you know... I still cry my eyes out. Every year, we email each other and remember the good times. And being a daddy 's girl, I think no matter how old I am, I'd always miss him. He was a man who loves to joke around and have this big belly laugh when he laughed. We miss that laugh. And I miss going shopping with my dad. He's one of kind. A man who actually love shopping! My SIL told me how one time he went to visited them and she spent the day went shopping with him and all her friends were like, what?? I thought that was cool. :) Wherever you are dad, I love you and I miss you.

Anyhow, so I was dragging my feet the whole day. Just not feeling it, you know. Then, when I came home from work... guess what waiting for me on the front door? My new Paper Trey Ink stamps and my Nestabilities label die cuts!!! Yay.... Rush through the door and tore open the package.

That's my first big smile for the day. :) I've been drooling over PTI stamp for awhile and to finally have those stamps in my hand... heaven... LOL, okay, heaven on earth. Loved, loved the stamp. I bought 4 sets and already itching to get more.

I was so giddy, I don't know what to make. I am still brainstorming. Too many ideas. But, I did make this cute card inspired by Nancy's card here. The dandellion is cut with Silhouette in 2 different size. Cover the top one with diamond stickles. The butterfly also has some glitters on the wings. Background and butterfly are from Hero Arts. I love this background. Make everything looks classy instantly. I rarely do complete card inside out, but this is one. Use my new PTI stamp for the inside greeting. LOVE this set. The grass, did you see the detail on the grass? I cut the stripes so it has more texture. Thank you Nancy, for the inspiration!

This card is so springy, isn't it? This card reflect my dad's personality. Cheerful and happy go lucky. Thank you all for stopping by and again, any comments is sooo appreciated. Hope your Thursday is great and tomorrow TGIF!!! Hugs, Vera







9 comments:

Lucy Abrams said...

Wow Vera this is GORGEOUS - I adore the way it opens, and the beautiful butterflies. So sorry about your dad, I hope you have had a better day today. What good timing for your goodies to arrive. x

Nancy said...

Vera, this card is so lovely, aren't those easel cards fun? Such wonderful timing on the delivery of those orders.
Thanks for the shout out and link to my card, I really appreciate it.
I'm so glad you were able to honor your dad with this beautiful post, it's obvious the love you have. Time does heal the hurt and those special memories will become even more sweet.
Blessings to you,
nancy

Virginia L. said...

What a lovely tribute to your father with this post and this wow card with the inside and outside parts! Love this, Vera! I am glad that you got your "therapy" through your creativity! Your Dad would be proud! xoxo Thanks for entering the challenge!

Monika Reeck said...

Vera bagus sekali...aku ikut bersedih jg utk kepergian ayahmu...but thats a lovely card Vera....aku jg ga ada ide malees krn winter minus 3 melulu...hope to hear from you again...hugs...

Lin said...

You have some wonderful memories of your Dad - he sounds like he was alot of fun. I'm sure he would have loved to have read your words about him today. Your card reflects that love - it is a beauty! Glad your new toys came to help you feel a little better.

Dwita said...

Memories with Dad will surely not forgotten. Me, too.
The card is gorgeous, wish to make one with an opening like this.
Happy time with your nesties.. Surely you'll be addicted, as I am, too... LOL
Hugs, Dwita.

Kari D said...

FIRST what a GORGEOUS card!
SECOND it is so nice to hear that someone is as over the top with PTI and Hero Arts as I am...I mean, seriously, don't they just GO together!
THIRD I can so relate to how you feel about your father. I lost my dad 11 years ago. There is not a day that goes by where some memory doesn't touch my soul and make me smile. I will always see him standing in the snow, in his brown cordoroy coat, washing my windshield before I drove away after visiting. You are such a great daughter, I am sure he smiles on you every day!

Thanks for sharing!

Axes DesigNs said...

I love. love the butterflies this is so pretty.. Like it!

Unknown said...

love this easel card. It is just beautiful, I really love your work.

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...