Friday, June 25, 2010

Gallery Idol Top 5

Good morning my lovely peeps! Thanks to all your vote & support, and after a long torturous day and night of waiting, I am happy to announce that I made it to the final Gallery Idol Top 5! So humble and grateful by this whole experience. What I saw on my computer screen early this morning. Sigh.... I almost forgot to breath when I went to check. It's worth the sleepless night. :)


This week has been so nerve wrecking for me. I mean when I checked out everybody's work (which is like a couple hours before the vote began), I had to pick up my jaw of the floor. Everybody really bring it on for this challenge and I almost cry when I saw their amazing cards. I thought my card was too simple looking, eventhough the process wasn't that simple. And, I am so relieved when many of you said you love my fish! Thru the whole competition, I want to stay true to my style. Which is clean style and I am humble that it has take me this far. From the bottom of my heart, thank you to all of you who voted for my cards.

I am grateful for many things and in restrospect I love wishing people thay may they always have things to be grateful for. One of my favorite blessing to say is this Irish blessing that I used on this card. I combine Hero Arts stamps with Verve stamp. I actually think this will looks nice framed, you know.


This whole card reminds me that there's beauty even in the simplest things, even grass. :) Looking at this makes me feel peaceful. To create this, I stamped Hero Arts Silhouette Grass with Mellow Moss ink. Then using chalks from bottom to top, I layered the colors, green, pink, orange, and blue. I've been really enjoying using chalks lately as you can create soft background with it. After I am done covering the background with chalks, I stamped the Blessings (from Verve Stamps).

And, I also have new challenge from Mami Doodles. This week the it's color challenge, use the colours Blue, Green,white with a touch of Red. The prize will be the last 3 images released (Mimi, Sinead and Leah), plus one of your choice. Cards using Mami Doodles images - including freebies - will have two entries on the draw. Here's what I made. Opposite from the above card, this one is cutesy looking! :)



This card going to my Card for Kids Drive pile. Pretty much all  my cute, kids related cards go to this and once I collected enough I'll be sending them to Jennifer. For more information go to Jennifer McGuire's blog. I hope you like the cards I have for you today. This afternoon I'll be back with a new post for Papertey Ink Blog Hop. Again, big hugs to you all and I hope you know that I appreciate each one of you for all your supports. So very grateful for you all. Hugs, Vera.

11 comments:

Lillian Child said...

So very happy for you!! Your card creations are just stunning. Can't wait to see a tutorial on that adorable ribbon fish!!

Jackie said...

Congratulations! Your work is awesome and I am not at all surprised that you made it to the top 5 - onward and upward! I'm cheering for you.

Barb said...

Woo, hoo!! Yippee!! Yay! Can ya just see me doing the happy dance for you!? Thrilled that you made it to the top 5, Vera! Congratulations!

Angie Tieman said...

Congrats, Vera! Your card and the little fish were adorable!

JACKIE M said...

Congratulations vera :) Love your Mami Doodles card too.

Jackie :)

sideoats + scribbles said...

Yay Vera!!! So happy for you!!!! Big HUGE hugs! :)

stampingandstitching said...

Big congratulations Vera!! That's brilliant news!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Woohooo!! Congrats Vera! So happy for you! Good luck!

Andrea6760 said...

Vera, Congrats on making the Top 5! I cant wait to see what you come up for the next challenge. Good Luck !!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Love love love them all! Good luck again!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ling!!! I just knew you could do it girl!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!! I am ready to vote tomorrow! Please don't forget to add the link for the SSC girls!!!! I can't wait to see your submission this week! Good luck my friend!!!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...