Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back To Reality

Hi peeps! Today we're back to reality. Back to work. Yesterday, pretty much I spent the whole day just cleaning up my emails and working on DT projects. And, of course going through the 700 plus pics that hubby and I took during our Seattle/Vancouver trip.

LOL, we're both into photography. Although hubby more into clicking away and I thought more of composition, etc. :) We're both influenced by my brother, Jerry, who's the actual professional photographer. I wish I had him with me during our trip, because my photography skills just couldn't capture the magnificent beauty of the views that we saw the way he could. I am not keeping all 700 pics. I only keep the very best ones. I sort it by thinking will I put this in our srapbook? If the answer is no, then I delete the pics.

Okay, on  to today's card. Nothing get me to get back in the swing of things like CAS style card. I saw the FTL # 97 from Clean & Simple Stamping and it just inspired me to create. As always, this Hero Arts Poppy stamp always do wonder for me. This card also goes to Jenny's Wee Memories Challenge 13.



This is a one layer card. I colored the flowers with Prismacolor pencils. The nice thing about working with color pencil is that I don't have to worry about ink showing up on the back side the way it does with markers. Added Stardust stickles and butterflies and it's done. Pretty quick & simple.

Hope you like it and again thank you all for your kind words & encouragement. It means a lot to me. Hugs, Vera.

11 comments:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Super pretty! Love it! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm a big fan of one-layer cards and yours is superb. Love the beautiful colouring.

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, I luv the image and your coloring is awesome....have a wonderful week, it is a short one....heheheh!

enjoy *~*

Lin said...

Welcome home! Love this card today - the poppies and butterflies are a perfect match!

Katherine said...

Adorable card.

Unknown said...

Very pretty simple and clean card!

Trinh said...

Perfect!

Ayana Posadas said...

Soooo pretty!!!
I love the shimmer and your coloring is fantastic!!!

Silvia said...

Vera, this is beautifullllll!!! Love it!
I left the answer to your question on my cbox. Thanks for visiting me and leaving such a sweet comment. Have a nice day!!!

Andrea6760 said...

What a beautiful card Vera! Sometimes the simple cards have more warmth than those filled with bling. This is a card that anyone would love to receive. Great job!

Karina Beck said...

Stunning work!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...