Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's The Little Things

First of all, to those that live in Christchurch, New Zealand and were affected by the eartquake, I just want to say I am thinking of you all. Including my uncles and their family, who thankfully are safe and sound.

You know, it seems like there's so many bad news lately. If it's not natural disaster, there's man made disaster, or other sad moments. This is all made me realize how precious life is and how we really should be thankful for all the little things.

Cause many time, these little things are actually the big things. I made this card with some important people in mind. My mom, my siblings & their significant others, and my hubby. They are the people who shower my life with many, many awesome little things. Through the little things a person does, you know whether they'll be there for you when a storm does pass by. And, my mom always say be grateful for the little things.

I've been in reflective mood lately. :) So, here's my card... It's the little things...

Challenge:
Less Is More - Spring

The bunny tail actually hava a little texture as I added liquid applique and heat it with embossing gun. Love the raised, puffy texture. I am loving CAS look very much lately. Oh... who am I kidding. I love CAS look everyday. :) Have a great day peeps!

30 comments:

Viv said...

Vera it's a lovely card well done. I really struggled this week, CAS cards look simple but they take a lot of planning I think :O) Viv xx

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is just the sweetest card!!! I love everything about it!

Chrissie said...

I would reiterate your thoughts for the people of Christchurch... we were there about this time last year, which makes it all the more poignant!
This is a lovely card, I love how the colour changes through the text. Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you again next week!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Rachel Izakowicz said...

What a gorgeous card. I really love everything about it - the use of color on the words & that little bunny is just adorable. Beautiful, as always!

Suze Bain said...

A very sweet card. Love your colour choices.

Kathy (krolski) said...

This is such an adorable card Vera! And such a great post too!

Ayana Posadas said...

So CUTE!!!
This card totally made me smile.

Mandi said...

Such a cute card, love the colours of the wording.
Absolutely agree re the poor people n NX, they have had such tough times of late

Thanks for joining us Vera, much appreciated
mandi
"Less is More"

donna mikasa said...

Love this CAS card with so much meaning....

sandra said...

So adorable!
Love it!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Rosemary said...

what a sweet card, vera!

Aileen said...

Love the colour on your text and the sweet little bunny. x

Susan said...

A wonderful card...and so true!

Marlou McAlees said...

what an adorable card :) x

Seafield Jo said...

This is a lovely card, gorgeous colour choice.

Heather Innusa said...

Just beautiful!!! Good post. Praying for those in New Zealand ;)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love how you have put the rabbit on top of the font, it's a lovely card.

I am praying too about the people in Christchurch as I have a cousin and her family there.

Barb said...

Great post today, Vera! Love your adorable card! The letters are so beautiful! Hugs to you. . .

Kathy Martin said...

Love this!

Jess S said...

I love this! The sentiment is fab, and that bunny is too cute!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful sweet card.
luv
Debby

Alex said...

Utterly beautiful card. I love CAS. And I am with you on the issue of things going on in the world and that we should be really grateful for what we have!
Love, Alex

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

what a beautiful CAS card!!! love this so much,.thanks for inspiration, vera! ^^

Brigida Alexandra Marcella said...

I hope everyone's ok too....

nice card---little things, but give big inspirations.

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, like the different colours, and the cute bunny.

Christine said...

I Love your card a lot! The combo of colours, text and music is simply adorable!

Alice said...

so glad to hear that your families are safe. sending you big hugs, it must have been terrifying before you heard from them. such a beautiful card for such heartwarming message, Vera! love the pretty springy colors you used. lovely card!

pickle said...

I am in love :) simply stunning ! Kerry x

Lynne said...

Super cute card. Love the colours.
Lynne xxx

Lisa Petrella said...

Adorable card and thoughtful post, Vera! I'm glad to hear your family members in New Zealand are safe and sound. Hope you are well. Sending blog hugs (((((HUGS)))))

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...