As I celebrate my birthday, I can't help but be so thankful for the life I've been given. I am so blessed in so many ways and I want to remember to always celebrate life. Yes, life is not all sunshine and rainbow. But, like they say you can't see the rainbow unless you go through the rain. And, even when you go through the rain, as much as you want to complain, it's aways good to remind yourself, at least it's only rain or storm, and not hurricane or tornado.
My mom taught me one of the most important life lesson. To know how to be grateful and how to appreciate the life I've been given. To appreciate the litle things cause many times they're more important than the big things.
So, as I finish year 35 and start year 36, hope you don't mind if I share things that I celebrate in my life:
1. I celebrate my family. Greatest blessing of all, the foundation of who I am. I am blessed that I was born to a loving parents who's strict enough to discipline me when necessary so I can grow up to be a decent person, and loose enough to give me freedom so I can find my own self, make my own mistakes and learned from it. My two brothes who are protective, caring, and loving. Growing up, we fight and all, but we love each other and when my dad passed away we promise we always take care of each other.
2. I celebrate my husband. He's so loving and thoughtful. And he does a lot of those little things that matter, that makes me feel like a princess. :)
3. I celebrate the influential people in my life. I told my mom, that somehow I feel like I often meet the right people at the right time and these people help me in many ways and help shape me into who I am today. Especially, my foster dad who passed away this March. I celebrate the time I had with him and the lessons he taught me.
4. I celebrate my ability to appreciate things, to be grateful. This has helped me when I went through some tough times in my life.
5. I celebrate the kid inside me. Anyone who knows me well, know that even though I turn 36 today, I am not even close to 36 years old mentality. And yes, I do enjoy many things that kids usually enjoy. I guess I have a little bit of Peter Pan syndrome. :)
6. I celebrate my life. When I look at people who has to live in a place where there's war, destruction, etc., I am reminded to be so thankful to be born and raised where I was and where I am now. That I have a place to come home to every day, many people don't have a place to live. That I have enough food to eat, many people go hungry because they couldn't afford or find food. That I have freedom to go wherever I want without having to worry about being attack or gunfire. That I can read to entertain myself, many couldn't.
My mom always said when you want to complain about life, don't look at those who you think are above you, look at the people who are less fortunate than you.
This card makes me happy. Pretty colors, check. Cute image, check. Another thing I like to celebrate is that life is so colorful. :) Thank you to all the loving people in my life. I am blessed and grateful that you enrich my life.
Sorry for the long post, but hey... it's my birthday! Peace out and enjoy your day peeps!