Friday, August 5, 2011

Sending You Hugs

Hi'ya there. It's time for new challenge at ADFD. This time it's all about fancy fold. This definitely is a challenge for me as I like to keep my card simple. Anything beyond 2 fold, not quite my cup of tea. But, I do have this beautiful image to work with, that sure help me in  making this card.

I love how serene this image look, what do you think?


Here's a close up look of the image. I like adding dimension to my image, by curling the image and popping only part of it and keep the rest flat. In real life, you could see the curve of the image, it's basically a partial pop the way I can describe it. :)



This is the closest I get to fancy fold, an easel card. LOL, I couldn't bring myself to go to anything more, the simple part of me just resisted the attempt. It's screaming, noooo....! Sigh, so dramatic. Oh, that fancy circle die is from Spellbinders. Thank you to Nina B for this wonderful die. I won it from one of her giveaway.

I think this card would be perfect for any family or friends who could use a hug or a prayer.



Have a blessed Friday everyone!

4 comments:

Lin said...

These Day for Daisies stamps are lovely, aren't they? We got to play with some for an upcoming Lily Pad challenge.....they are so much more delicate than the average digital.....LOVE what you did with yours, Vera!

sandra said...

Amazing card!
Perfect colored!
Love it!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Alice said...

love the beautiful doily-ish mat for the beautiful image. lovely card, Vera!

Karen said...

Such a sweet card! Love it:) I am a new follower of your blog!
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...