Thursday, June 14, 2012

Beach Mae

Last one from Some Odd Girl June Digi release. Peeps, meet Beach Mae. :)



That shimmery bottom background was made of clear microbeads. Back in the days, microbeads were quite the trend in scrapbooking. Like around 2003-2004. Yep, I have them stashed since then. Old, old, old stuff.

I covered the cardstock strip with doubled sided tape and sprinkled the microbeads on top of it and gently rub in to get them really stick. In person, you could see the fun texture much better. For more inspiration from the DT gals, please check Some Odd Girl blog.

Sigh, this card makes me want to go the beach. I hear Hawai'i calling my name. :)

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

way to rock the coloring...this is awesome Vera.

Kara Lynne said...

I love the micro beads, it gives such texture to your card, and grounds that sweet lady.

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card, love the image, great colouring.xxx

Virginia L. said...

Love the teal bluem!! You know how to make this image shine, Vera! I have some micro beads lying around somewhere! You inspired me to get them out to play!

Lalo said...

Those micro beads really add a POP to the sweet card. So summery!!! I also picked up "Tropical Mae" after seeing your beautiful card with her. I tried to color her but it failed. Will try again :) Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...