Friday, August 17, 2012

Happy Friday

TGIF! :) Are you ready for the weekend? I sure do. I want to do some major cleaning & organizing of my room as right now my desk looks like a ship wreck. Sigh... I am  trying to be better at using my scraps and all, but if I don't see it I forget. So, I've been leaving them on the desk as a reminder, but the pile getting dangerously high. 

As much as I want to be the super organized crafter, I am not that kind of crafter. No matter how many time I organized everything, my room will never look like the ones you see in the magazine. Anyway, am planning to do some cleaning and I don't know about you, this is actually exciting for me. There's something about sorting things out and finally able to see your desk. :)

Well, last night despite the mess on my desk, I made this card for Market Street Stamps Paint The Town color challenge. I didn't have the  best lighting as it was late night when I did this card, but the brown part of the woodgrain really is not that dark.


I believe in giving honest review and I don't get paid to say this, but when it comes to customer service, many companies could learn from Market Street Stamps. Last year, when one of my stamp broke in two, I emailed Angelica and no question ask, she sent me a replacement immediately. And, yes that's another thing that I love. I order stamps from them and I receive them 2-3 days later.

Love the quality of their stamp, too. It was one of the rare moment, where I stamped something and feel, wow, this is so cool. Their rubber has kind of a bounce feeling to it (I don't know how to explain it, bounce came to mind) and it stamps very clean and clear. I just remember feeling very impressed.

Again, I am not trying to sell their stuff. Just want to share my review. One of my friend pointed out that I like to try stamps from many different company, so I thought hey, why not share my opinion about them. 

That's it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by here and I wish you all a wonderful & productive weekend. :)

8 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

very nice card, good luck on organinzing, I can never stay organized,lol
Paula

Bonnie said...

Those desks in the magazines were cleaned up for the picture. My desk can start out clean and within 30 minutes, it's a disaster! The saying goes Creative clutter is better than idle neatness. So true! Love your card! What a wonderful sentiment and that vase of flowers is beautiful!

calamity jane said...

Very nice card!! I agree with you about Market Street Stamps. I only have a couple but I love them!! would love to have more...but then I'd have to organize my stamps...hee hee!!!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

So sweet Vera! Love the whole design :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful offset of the design strip along the right side to the stamped background on the card. With the sentiment and vase of flowers positioned on a diagonal from each other a creative and eye-catching flow is put into play. Great design Vera!

Lalo said...

Lovely card Vera and who really has a craft room like that in a mag!?! Love your review of MSS and I totally agree. They are the bomb!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE it, Vera, especially what you've done with your background stamping! And that sentiment is one of my faves! Thanks so much for playing along with the MSS Paint the Town Color Challenge this month!

Stephanie Washburn said...

Amazing card, Vera- you know I love everything you create! You have a beautiful style, girl! Thanks for joining the Paint the Town Color Challenge this month! :) SO happy you love Market Street Stamps as much as I do!

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...