Monday, June 17, 2013

New Addition

This past week we decided to expand our family. From family of four we are now family of 5. My cousin who has a soft heart for animals in need, been fostering this puppy for a while. She's a rescue dog and my cousin volunteer to foster her till she finds her forever home. At first, I wasn't sure if we should adopt her or not. After all I tend to gravitate toward flat face doggy, like pug, boston terrier or french bulldog.

But then like every other parents, you tend to do things that make your kid happy. Well, Eli my baby boy loves playing with Pup-pup (who we officially renamed into Abby). When my cousin said Abby had a showing to potential adopter, that's when hubby also realized he loves Abby and wants Abby to be part of our family. She is very affectionate and I love affectionate doggy. So, even though she doesn't have flat nose (hah...), we welcome Abby into our family.

Eli & Abby keeping me company while I am making cards.

She is pretty smarts as well. Next on our list is teaching her to catch Frisbee. She's already a pro is snuggling. Kind of funny to watch that even though Eli loves her, he'd get upset if she's trying to snuggle with me. He's like that's my mommy. He doesn't mind it when Abby snuggling with hubby. ;)

And, as I mentioned we're family of 5. The other member is Ollie, my older pug who recently celebrated her 15th birthday!!  She may have arthritis, but come feeding time that girl would bounced like crazy. She sleeps a lot and prefer her comfy corner rather than sharing with the 2 youngsters.

Now, that I have told you of my new family member, I can move on to card. This week There She Goes Stamp is holding anything goes challenge. Since last time I had the Donkey University set out, I made another donkey card.


 Love his buck teeth. I hope you will play along with us. You can enter the challenge HERE.

Well, that's it from me today. May your Monday starts off wonderfully!

6 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Aw, what a sweet new addition! Funny how Eli doesn't want to share Momma, but Dad is okay. Another fun donkey card, love the t-shirt!

~amy~ said...

awwwww...congrats on Abby and what a fun card:)

June K said...

Congrats on the addition to your family. Abby is cute.

Andrea6760 said...

Awwww Eli and Abby look so happy together! Im so happy for all of you. She really looks like she will be so much fun and a good buddy for Eli.

The donkey card is so adorable and I love his buck teeth too! I love your critter cards.
*Hugs*

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a great story about your new little pup! I LOVE that Eli is so sweet to share his bed with Abby and that they get along so well!! She's precious;)

LOVE that donkey card-- I also love his teeth! Makes me giggle/smile;)

Trinh said...

Congrats on your newest addition to the family! Can't wait to meet Abby!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...