Tuesday, November 5, 2013

WPlus9 Mood Board

Last Friday, I got a lovely happy email. And, thank goodness, I only have to keep it a secret for 3 days. Did you see THIS announcement on Paper Crafts blog yesterday? I am so thrilled and excited to have my birthday card picked up as one of the winner for 2013 World Card Making Day. What makes  this even sweeter? I got to share it with these amazing talented ladies, Erin Lee Schreiner and Maria Fischer!

It was a total surprise and I am very thankful for this. I think my heart skipped a beat when I scroll through my email and saw the email from Holly Anderson. Even when I was reading it, I was like really? Hah... 4th time trying is a charm! You'll be able to see my card on Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking March 2014 issue.

Now, that I can finally stop pinching myself, let's move on to today's card, shall we? I have this card that I made for i {heart} papers post inspired by Wplus9 Monday Mood Board #22. I love the soft, ethereal look of it.



Not your usual color combo for holiday card, but that's exactly what I made.  With Caring Hearts Card Dive going on in full gear, I need lots of holiday cards!


The sentiment is from Wplus9 Silver Bells set and the bird is from an older Wplus9 set called Spring Post. i {heart} papers carry lots of Wplus9 sets, so if you love Wplus9 make sure you check out the store. The stripe patterned paper is from Echo Park Bundle of Joy Boy 6x6 paper pad. To add some festive feeling to the card, I added some spotlight/disco gold sequins. Love these sequins! They are sparkling like crazy.

I hope you are working on some holiday cards as well. If you need some more inspirations, come join us on Friday as I'll be hosting Caring Hearts Card Drive Blog Hop and of course... many awesome prizes. Stay tune!!



6 comments:

Sarah J Moerman said...

Big congrats, Vera! Couldn't have happened to a nicer person. :)

Laura Williams said...

SO excited for you!!!!!!! It's fabulous news - and you DESERVE IT!!!!!!! today's card is really so lovely too!!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congratulations!! How exciting~

Cath said...

What a beautiful card, Vera! And congratulations on your WCMD win! :)

I wanted to stop by and thank you for the lovely comment you left on my final Moxie Fab World blog post. I had such an incredibly good time in the Moxie Fab World, and I'm *so glad* I got to know you better there! Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! So soft and wonderful...definitely sure to bring a smile to the recipient.

maria f. said...

So lovely, Vera. And thanks for the shout out, too.

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...