Thursday, January 16, 2014

Monday Mood Board #25

Hi everyone. Yikes... my blog been very quiet. Sorry about that. Hoping from now on it'll be back to regular blogging.
 
Hubby and I took a short vacation to LA and had lots of fun doing some touristy stuff. We also get to go to the live taping of Jay Leno show. Hubby's friend knows one of the writer and he got us a VIP ticket, so we didn't have to wait in line all day long just to get in. The guest that day was Jennifer Lopez & Aaron Eckhart. It was a very cool experience.
 
We were in LA at the same time CHA going on. And, boy... part of me was dying to go. It's hard not to check all the new releases, etc. Hubby was like, this is so much better than going to CHA, right? And, I was like hmm.... do I have to answer that? LOL. No, our vacation was awesome, just the short break that we needed from the daily grind of work. Will try to post some pics later.
 
Anyway, now that I am back at home, I get back to my desk and start playing with paper and stamps again. And, I have the inspiration I needed from Wplus9 Monday Mood Board # 25.


 
Love the elegant color combo and here's what I came up with using the goodies from i {heart} papers.



For the wreath, I used the small leaves from Woodland Wreath set and the sentiment is from Fanciful Feathers set. The bird is from an old Wplus9 set called Spring Post. It's actually part of a postage stamp that I fussy cut and take only the bird part. And, I added some Doodlebug Bumblebee enamel dots for fun.

Well, that's it from me today. I have a pile of works that need to get done. Back to work, back to reality! :) Thank you so much for stopping by here. I appreciate your visit.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card Vera! I love the way you stamped the design partially off the page! Take care!

Kara said...

beautiful!

robinann17 said...

Your card is a lovely representation of the inspiration photo. I really love the little bird! Robin

~amy~ said...

This is beautiful Vera!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Amazingly gorgeous!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...