Saturday, January 25, 2014

PTI January blog Hop


This month PTI blog hop inspiration pic is so pretty that I just have to play along. Totally love all the pink and gold. Luckily, my order arrive yesterday, so I can play with one of the new sets for this hop.

I know I want the feather set the moment I saw the sneak peek. 


For the dots on top of the feathers, I used gold pearl-ex to create the soft gold accent. Right now, there's tons of feather sets out there, but I have to say that this one is my favorite just because it has the dots clusters that make decorating this feather a snap. 

Well, I know you have lots of blog to hop to, so I am keeping this post short. Can't wait to check everyone else's projects. 

Oh, also, I have some people asking me for the recipe I use to make my on embossing paste (see my previous post), It's very easy. 

Embossing paste recipe:
-Acrylic paint
-Baby powder
- Mod Podge
- Air tight container

You want to mix 1 part acrylic paint, 1 part baby powder and 1/3 part mod podge. Now, I ended up adding a bit more baby powder because I want my paste to be thicker and not so runny. It's better to start with the recipe, then add more powder as needed. Hope this help and let  me know if you do try this recipe and have any question. Thank you so much for swinging by here.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful feathers and a great design!

Vanessa said...

So beautiful! I love these feathers, too!
Vanessa x

Connie MacFarlane said...

Very pretty! Love that feather stamp.

Joni Andaya said...

Gorgeous Vera!!! Love those feathers :)

Unknown said...

Can't wait to get some feather stamps and dies. Your card is stunning!

Nancy said...

So pretty!

victoria h said...

beautiful

Kara said...

gorgeous!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely card Vera. Love the feather set and the touch of sparkle. We had the same idea, because I used the same set. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the feathers! Very nice.
-Debbie

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Ann said...

Beautiful, love the feathers and little birds.

Crafty Kate said...

So lovely! Great layout!

natashakara said...

Oh wow! This is beautiful! I love it. I have GOT to get that set ;)

Lori said...

Gorgeous! You make me want to buy this stamp set!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful card! Love that new feather set. Thanks for recipe, sounds super easy to make! Think I'll give it a try.

Hollie Shepard said...

This is my favorite feather set also! Loving this card!

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous, Vera!

maria f. said...

So pretty!

Michelle said...

Beautiful design, Vera!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is stunning! I love how you used the new feather set!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...