Thursday, May 22, 2014

Ikat Pattern

Happy Thursday. I am back with my post for i {heart} papers. For a couple days  my mojo kind of went out the window and thank goodness it's back now. While mojo is here I took advantage of it and played with a few fun sets and made this card.


I still love the ikat pattern and am glad that I give it a try again. For the background I used Avery Elle Ikat set. The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti Lots To Say set and the flowers are from Wplus9 More Fresh Cuts. And the label dies is Paper Smooches Duo Die 3. All supplies from i {heart} papers.

Love the way this card turn out. Every time I see the ikat pattern it reminds me a bit of home (Indonesia), where ikat is part of our culture.

Which, talking about home, in a few more weeks, I'll get to see my whole family again and I'll finally get to meet my niece!! Right now, I am busy preparing for the trip and working on all DT works in advance. Enough to make my days a whirlwind. But, I can't wait! Not looking forward for the long flight and being away from the doggies (I am pretty attach to my li'l shadows), but looking forward to hang out with the families, relaxing, getting to know my niece and of course... doing some shopping. I love shopping in Indonesia and checking out the malls.

Anyhooo.... that's all from me right now. Be back tomorrow for a blog hop with CardMaker & Technique Tuesday! It's going to be fun!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

what a pretty card, vera. the color combination is lovely, and i really like what you did with the sentiment. good luck getting everything finished in time! enjoy your trip!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Shelly said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors! And hmmm...I have an Ikat set as well. You're inspiring me to play with it! ;) And enjoy all your family time coming up! How FUN that'll be! :)

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...