Monday, July 14, 2014

Thinking of You

Hi everyone and happy Monday. My blogging still up and down. Lots of catching up at work to do after being away for a couple weeks and I was also dealing with some personal stuff. 

This past week been a difficult one. Let just say it was a week that I'd rather not ever repeated. However, when you go through difficult time, that's really when you realize who are your true friends. And, it also makes me even more grateful for my family, especially my mom. 

I am beyond thankful that I have a mom who I can confide in, can lean on. She is my everything. I don't know where I'd be without her. With that in mind, I want to share this card to let her know that I always thinking of her even though I am on the other side of the world. :)




I love making mini card. For this one I used the frame from Avery Elle Air Mail set and the duck& butterfly from Avery Elle Storybook set. The cloud is from Lawn Fawn Hello Baby set. And the enamel dot from Doodlebug Swimming Pool Sprinkles. All from i {heart} papers store. BTW, the store is in a process of moving and it should be back up and running in early August.

Now, my last installment from my trip back home. You see, normally I don't go home in June. I normally go home during the holiday season as that's usually when work is not as busy and I love spending the holiday season with them. However, I realized that I haven't celebrate my birthday with my family for over 20 years.

I moved to the States back in 1995 and even before that, with my older brother away for college, the last time I had a birthday with my whole family complete was probably in 1988. So, it really been a while. And, since last year, I told hubby that I 'd love to celebrate my birthday with my family. I was tempted to do it for my 40th birthday next year, but you know what? Life is too short. I decided to do what I can do right now. Why wait longer.

And, it was the best birthday ever. We didn't do anything super fancy. And, I actually got super sick a couple days before my birthday. So, I was pretty much on bed rest for 3 days to make sure I get well before it's time for me to fly back home. because, it was birthday dinner, nap, then airport at 4.30 in the morning.

Here, me with my little princess that totally help made this birthday the best ever.


My kind of birthday. Being with all my loved ones. I didn't get to eat too much actually, since I was still not feeling super well & I'd rather have my niece on my lap as she learned to feed herself with the spoon. Oh yeah, I was squeezing in every extra second with her.

Me & Shakira, Denada, Jerry, Regina & Jeffrey. Mom was busy taking picture. :)

To top it off, without really planning it, hubby face-timed me right when they brought the cake out. So, hubby all the way in the States, get to join the festivities. It was perfect. Like he told my mom, my big smile says it all. Oh... and you know, how I love pugs, right? My awesome SIL, made me a PUG CUPCAKES!!

My Ferrero chocolate cheesecake surrounded
by Pug cupcakes

And... yeah, a couple of the cupcakes travel all the way to the States as I told her I want to share it with hubby and show it to Eli, my pug baby. Then, my other SIL who has beautiful voice, serenade all of us with a folk song from where we grew up. I mean seriously, I was just beaming non-stop.

We had a trio of musicians that hop from table to table and they ended up playing a bunch of songs for us, including some children songs to entertain my niece. It was a trip down memory lane. I was like, goodness, I haven't heard that songs for ages!! Even the birthday song, I totally forgot that we have our own version of birthday song (which hubby love so much that he likes to hum it now & then. I still need to teach him the words, but for now humming is the way).

My niece Shakira, my li'l brother Jerry, me & my SIL Denada.

Truly the greatest blessing of all is my family. Their love & support keep me strong. I know that no matter what they always have my back. Even both of my SILs, I look at them as my own sister. Pretty much, once you joined the family you're family. Simple as that. :)

Well, that's the conclusion of my trip. After my birthday dinner, I flew back home the next day, got sick & went straight back to work. 2 weeks later, I finally feel more human. ;) Now, I'm ready to get back on the saddle. Here's to a great week!!

2 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Great pics of you and your family. Glad you were able to be with them all again, especially after so long. The card is adorable too!

Shelly said...

Such a cute card!!! And your photos are sooo sweet! Love!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...