Monday, September 10, 2018

I Care Blog Hop



Hi everyone. I am honored to be participating in the first I Care Blog Hope to benefit the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline on World Suicide Prevention Day 2018!!

Joanne Soukup of Perky Penny Paper Arts©, in collaboration with Simon Says Stamp©, organized this blog hop to raise money and awareness for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and World Suicide Prevention Day. When she contacted me, I knew right away that I wanted to join in!

Here are some sobering statistics:
  • Every year suicide is responsible for over 800,000 deaths, which equates to one death every 40 seconds. 
  • Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death in the world, and 3rd in the United States for those aged 15-24 years old. 
  • Every life lost represents someone's partner, child, parent, friend, or colleague. For each suicide approximately 135 people suffer intense grief or are otherwise affected. This amounts to 108 million people per year who are profoundly impacted by suicidal behavior.
I have known someone who has attempted to do suicide and luckily the person changed his mind and the paramedic was able to save his life. But, I also notice people's reaction. Some react as if it's an embarrassment, like no one should talk about it. I totally disagree with this as I feel the person will need people who'd listen to him even more after his attempt. Mental health is a serious thing and it shouldn't be an embarrassment. It's nothing to be be ashamed of to be needing help.

On positive note, this hop is to bring awareness. For information on the blog hop, the I Care Stamp set, and the wonderful ways you can help read her post here.




For my card, I decided to go with rainbow colors as I want to remind anyone who receive this card that each person is unique & amazing and their uniqueness is what make this world wonderful. Wouldn't the world be so boring if everyone is the same, if there's only 1 color?

In this era of social media, we tend to present this happy face and hid our sadness, our burden, our problems.There are lots of ugliness out there, but there are also many good things and beauties. I hope we can all strive to make this world a bit better, a bit kinder. Let's take the time to be kind to each other. We just never know how our simple act of kindness can make someone's day brighter and in some case save life. 

BLOG HOP:

Joanne has all of the links on her blog, so please visit her blog to see everyone’s amazing creations, read their personal stories, and donate by ordering the I Care Stamps set from Simon Says Stamp©. 

There' quite a few blogs for you to visit, so that's all from me. Keeping it short. Thank you for stopping by here and remember YOU ARE AMAZING JUST THE WAY YOU ARE. :)

BLOG HOP LIST

13 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your talents for such an important cause of Suicide Prevention!!

HeatherB said...

Beautiful card! I love the bright and cheery colors.

*Vicki* said...

Vera, I can relate to your issue about the embarassment of it all and I appreciate your thoughts on that! Your card is so colorful and pretty! Thank you for sharing! HUGS

Stacey Kowbel said...

Fabulous card! I love the colours!

Dana Joy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Vera. Yes, we need to be kinder and gentler with each other. We never know what someone is going through.

Mary Reiner said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for being part of this important blog hop!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful rainbow card of encouragement.

JS2010 said...

Love this card...Thank you so much for sharing it Vera.

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

A lovely card for a wonderful cause. Thank you for your inspiration!

Roberta S. said...

Vera you are so right. I love your card, We all need to be observant and be willing to offer kind and encouraging words to everyone in our daily path whether it is in person or on social media. We do not know unless we reach out with kindness & non judgmental words. Thank you for sharing.

Linda S. said...

Such a beautiful sentiment you've expressed in your blog post today. Thanks for your kindness.

Erica A-B said...

Gorgeous card, Vera! I love what you said about the world being boring if everyone is the same. That's so true!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome card with a meaningful blog hop!

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...