Monday, February 14, 2022

Lilac Thinking of You Card

Hi all. Lately besides stencil, I find myself playing more and more with flower dies. I am not good at growing plants, so paper flower is kind of my way to do it. Hah! I sure was excited when I got the chance to play with Spellbinders' Lilac Etched Dies from the Garden Favorites Collection by Susan Tierney-Cockburn. This set is gorgeous!!

Here's my take on showcasing this Lilac dies set.



 

If you love 3d flower dies, then I think you'd love this die. I die cut all the pieces from colored cardstock. If you never use Spellbinders dies, especially the flower dies, on the die itself you could see how many times you need to run the die to make the flower. Simply follow the direction. For these lilacs, after I die cut them, using a dense foam material underneath, I shaped all the flower pieces by pressing round stylus to the middle part of the each flower. This make the petals all went up. Then on the leave base adhere all the flowers one by one. The result is this fun & beautiful cluster of lilacs. For the center of each bloom, I used enamel drop. While waiting for the enamel drop to dry, I work on the background. 

To ground the flowers, I hot foil the frame from Geometric Floral Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set and the splatter from Splatter Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate from the Yana’s Blooms Collection. Once this done, arrange the flowers and the leaves. Finish by adding hot foil sentiment from
Everyday Sentiments II set and adhere some rhinestones.

I am pretty thrilled with the way this card turned out. I hope you like it as well. I have more up my sleeves, so please stay tune and come back tomorrow. Happy love day peeps!

1 comment:

Lori m said...

Gorgeous lilac card, loving the 3D effects and soft lavender color, hugs, Lori m

Glimmering Buttercups

 Hi there. As fans of hot foiling, I am excited that I get to play with the new Spellbinders Glimmering Buttercup Glimmer Plate & Stenci...