Thursday, April 14, 2022

Spellbinder's Gardenia

Spring is definitely my favorite time. The nice weather and top it off with flowers start blooming every where. Granted the allergy is not so fun, but that's something that's pretty easily managed, right? I love seeing the green grass and this year, I am happy that some of my flowers made it through Texas winter.

Speaking about spring, I am so excited that Spellbinder's April release is full with gorgeous sets that are totally perfect to celebrate spring. For today's card, I am sharing one of my favorite flower, Gardenia. This Gardenia Etched Die is part of Through The Garden Gate Collection by Susan Tierney-Cockburn.



Whenever I play with Susan's flower dies collection, I always start by creating the flowers and everything else decided after the flowers completed. Here, I used all white cardstock to create the Gardenia. For the inner piece, I simply colored them with Copics. For the leaves, I used green cardstock. I decided to pair it with Be Bold Blooms set.

Using post-it-not tape, I blocked the edges of the card base and blend in green and blue ink to create soft gradient background. Let the color tapered off. Before adhering the flower, I want to make sure I have enough room for the sentiment. I die cut the birthday sentiment using Yana's Layered Script Sentiments Etched Dies. For the word happy I used Be Bold Lowercase Alphabet and Numbers Etched Dies. Adhere the sentiments and then arrange all the flower pieces. Finish by adding sequins and enamel drop on the flower petals.

What's your favorite flowers? For smell, Gardenia and Roses are among my favorites. I have friends in mine to whom I want to give this card to. The thing with this kind of card, they're kind of hard to mail because it's 3D, so hand deliver is the way to go for me. That's all for me today. Stay tune for my next floral card. :)

1 comment:

Lori m said...

Gorgeous, this is just so pretty I keep going back to look at it, hugs, Lori m

All The Sentiments

 Hi friends. Today, I hope to bring smile and joy to you through my cards. First up is this card featuring  Dancin' Birthday Dragon from...