Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lets Shell-ebrate

It's mid of the week already! This week I have tons of things going on. This weekend hubby and I plan on painting my craft room and our bedroom with new colors, so on the next few days I need to start moving things around.

I have several Martha Stewart's paint chip pinned to my craft room wall, so I can decide on my new color. My choice right now, between turquoise, soft mauve, or soft yellow. Haven't quite made up my mind, yet. But, it'll be quite a change from my current dark blue wall. We're also going for brighter color for our room.

Anyway, 'nuff paint chatting. Today is my day posting at Some Odd Girl blog. Please check it out and leave some love if you will. Here's a peek at one of the card that I share there.


Last night, I was able to squeeze in time to make a card for the current SPARKS challenge, which is to make a project inspired by this pic below.


Here's my card based on the pic. A blue turtle with coral color nails. :) Hah... I love it when I color things outside their natural color. It's fun to just let my imagination took over my common sense. After all, our imagination is only limited to a limit that we put on ourselves, so why not stretch the limit, right?



I just love turtle. For me they symbolize wisdom and luck. And, I do have a pretty nice collection of turtle. From stuff animal (which is a must) to paper weight, key chain, etc. Yep... me lovey turtle.

Now, time to pack some stuff and move some things around. Hmm... maybe I'll find some stuff that I've been looking for the longest time. have a wonderful day.



11 comments:

~amy~ said...

oh I love your paper smooches card....sooooooo sweet Vera! Cute sneak peek on your SOG card!

Laurel said...

Cute card!

Annette Allen said...

too cute...

Kara Lynne said...

Great turtle! You sure captured the idea of that challenge. Can't wait to hear what color the craft room becomes!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Adorable turtle card Vera! Love the addition of the mini banner and how the sentiment is stamped in two colors!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Vera your turtle card is so sweet—the banner is adorable too! Good luck with your craft room. Hope you'll show us some photos of it when your all done. :)

Jay Gee said...

Cute card Vera! Love the little banner and his sweet coral toes. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge :)

Lori Barnett said...

awwww! I love that little turtle! Thanks for playing the SPARKS Challenge!

Ren-Yi said...

Aww super cute and adorable. I love your style Vera!

Faye said...

These are both soooo fabby. Loving the hair on the first and the cute sentiment on the second. xx

Susan F. said...

That is such a cute turtle card. Have fun painting your rooms.

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...