Sunday, December 9, 2012

Caring Hearts Report & Winners

At first, I truly debated whether I should do Caring Hearts Card Drive again or not for this year. The past few months (prior to making that decision) been so hectic and I was worried that running it again by myself would totally overwhelmed me. But, at the end I am so glad that I decided to do it.

With your participation, I received over 1500 cards. Yes, it was overwhelming, quite a few of my other stuff get neglected, our guest room was turned into mailing room, and I even dream of counting cards! I think for each package I had to recount several times. Poor hubby, trying to talk to me and I was in the middle of counting and I'd lost my count and he'd get the dirty look from me for making me lost count. Hah...

And, it's all been worth it whenever I think of how this little gesture will brighten so many elderly holiday season. I am happy to report that all the cards been shipped out to the people who's helping me in distributing the cards around. So, by this week, your cards will be on the hand of the people at the nursing homes and brighten their day. I requested for some pictures if possible, so hoping to get some back so I can share them with you here.

Special thank you to all the people and companies who's been so generous in their support by offering prizes. Thank you to those who kindly included some fund to help with shipping. You know who you are (I am not sure whether they want to keep it private, that's why I am not mentioning name). Please know how much I appreciate your help.

Each time, I do this I am humbled by everyone's kindness. Many of you wrote such wonderful & encouraging notes. And, I know this year has been a tough year economy wise for many of us, yet you all still generously contribute. Even after hurricane Sandy affected some of you, you still find the time to mail me some cards. It's humbling and it reminds me that despite all the crazy stuff that going on in the world, there are still many good, kind, helpful people. Thank you for enriching my life and the recipient of your cards with your act of kindness.

Now, it's time to reveal some winners! You will be hearing from me over the next several days…
  • Avery Elle $20 GC: Joanne Cabling
  • Avocado Arts Gobble Till You Woble set: Kristin Streiliein
  • Becky Oehler's You Say Goodbye I say 'Ello set: Laura Jane
  • Bella Blvd package:  Chapel Card Makers
  • CAS-UAL Friday $30GC: Maria Fischer
  • Hero Arts 4 cling stamps of your choice: Joyce Mehrberg
  • Lawn Fawns $30 GC: Carol Longacre
  • Mama Elephants $20GC: Karen Milone
  • May Arts 3 spool of ribbon of your choice:  Linda Patti
  • Neat & Tangled $30 GC: Terry Bajorek
  • Online Card Classes (from Jennifer McGuire) 2 free classes: Deb Steinberg
  • Paper Crafts 5 special edition: Leesa Berry
  • Paper Smooches $25 GC: Gina D'Urso
  • Penny Black 1 clear & 1 cling stamp of your choice: Amy Hansen
  • Simon Says Stamp Holiday Apocthary Label Stamp & Dies set: Cheryl Yamashita
  • Some Odd Girl $25 GC: Pai Meng
  • Technique Tuesday Jingle All The Way set: Darnell J. Knaus
  • The Twinery Sampler Twine: Marylou Shephard
  • Two Peas In A Bucket workshop of your choice $25 value: Mary Ann Venginickal
  • Wplus9 $20GC: Ann Kikuchi
Again thank you so much to everyone for making this card drive a successful one. You are awesome!! May your holiday be filled with many wonderful moments.

7 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

that is awesome congrats for all the cards sent, your an awesome lady!!!!
Paula

Judy1223 said...

So wonderful that you collected over 1500 cards this year...congratulations on a wonderful job, Vera!

Ruth G said...

Thanks again, Vera, for hosting this! So glad to hear there were so many cards received! It's such a wonderful cause and a joy to create for those who need more joy in their lives over the holidays! I appreciate all that you have taken on and taken care of! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2013!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again, what a wonderful cause, it so represents the spirit of the season, giving. Thanks again!!!

Darnell said...

You are truly a beatitude, Vera. Thank you so much for all your hard work and to your family for supporting you with this wonderful charity! Best Wishes for a wonderful Holiday!! Darnell

maria f. said...

Wow - I can't even imagine what 1500 cards on a dining room table look like! Congrats on a job well done. I'm happy I could take part. And I see that you've become an auntie - Enjoy! Happy Holidays.

Carol L said...

Oh my goodness, bless your heart for taking charge and doing such an amazing job to distribute that many cards!! The elderly may well have been forgotten had it not been for your direction and dedication to this project!! You've shown the true the meaning of Christmas with your kindness and caring :) Have a wonderful holiday season with your loved ones, and thanks for all you do! :)

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...