Sunday, December 23, 2012

Paper Smooches Picture Perfect Challenge

I got my Christmas shopping done just in time. One day before Christmas eve. LOL, yep, I just got my shopping done yesterday and today I am mailing my last batch of Christmas cards. Hah... I know it's bad, but hey, better late than never, right?

Well, today I have non-Christmasy card for you for Paper Smooches SPARKS picture perfect challenge. Here's the inspiration pic:


From this pic, I took the text and the canvas monochromatic tone and the stagger arrangement of the vase. Here's my translation of the pic:


This actually is my second attempt for this challenge. My first one, I wasn't happy with the result. Maybe it was just the lighting, but I just didn't feel right about it. Here's the 1st card I made for this challenge:


In person, yes you could see the text clearly, but in picture... not so much. I made the text by heat embossing the text and then colored it with soft blue copic marker to make it stands out a bit more. Anyway, I ended up deciding that I better re-do it.

I hope you will playing along with this challenge. You can check  out all the deets and find more inspiration at SPARKS blog. Thanks for stopping by here. :)

3 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I just love that we had the same idea for our cards (your first one)!!! I love that pup and how you put the bone near his mouth!! Great job! I love it!

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that second card too! That pup pack is just the cutest!!! Great coloring and design!

Merry CHRISTmas!! Happy birthday, Jesus!!! <3

Bethany Stellpflug said...

I LOVE the first card Vera! Super cute and sweet :) I love the backround and those adorable doggies! The 2nd card is cute too!

Marybeth said...

Both cards are so cute, I sure love this new little set of puppies! Great background on the first one and love how CAS the second card is.

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...