Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Welcoming Li'l Sunshine Shakira

Hi peeps. No card today. Today post is a personal one and it's long and has plenty of pictures.

Yesterday was a big milestone for our family. My little brother (Jerry) and his wife (Denada) officially made me an auntie and made my mom a happy and proud grandma. They welcome their beautiful new bundle of joy, Shakira Aurum Wirianta.



I think my heart would burst with so much love when I saw her beautiful face. Yes, I was very weepy yesterday. I want to be with my family so bad. And even more, I want to hold my niece and cuddle her. She is such a reflection of my brother. Look at this pic below, we have picture of my brother looking exactly like this.

One of my favorite picture of our golden sunshine.

They decided to name her Shakira and this is the explanation given to me about the name. Shakira came from the word shakur in Arabic and is one of god's most beautiful names. It is much higher than the word syukur (thankful). It signifies one who is full of gratitude.

If she receive a little, she feels that she receives a lot. Therefore she is full of gratitude and feels in abundance. On the other hand, if she gives even a lot, she feels that she is only giving a little, and hence she would give more and still feel that she is in abundance, rich. And, like my mom said anyone who knows how to be grateful will always be blessed. And here's the proud grandma with her sunshine.



Regarding the nickname sunshine, since my SIL get pregnant, we always refer to the baby as li'l sunshine. That's our love name for her. Then when they decided to add my brother's middle name "Aurum" (means gold) as her middle name, hubby immediately said, "golden sunshine." Thus why we refer to her as golden sunshine and that's my prayer for her that hopefully she will grow into a kind, loving, thoughtful, beautiful lady inside out, who brings sunshine to those around her.

Look wise she takes a lot from her dad. But, I sure hope that sounds wise, she will have her mom's beautiful, strong voice. And, I hope she will also have their sense of humor (my brother and his wife has very contagious kind of laughter) and their love of life. Most of all I wish her a happy and blessed life.

The happy family.

Yep, my inbox is fill with pictures as I asked my family to email me any pictures they took. I couldn't be there, but I sure wish I was. I don't know how many times I touched my computer screen just to imagine touching her soft cheek.

Hubby said that he never seen anyone with family bond like we do. The best I can explain it to hubby is that because we are small family. There are only 3 of us and my mom raised us to love and be there for each other. I am very grateful that not only I love my siblings, I like them, too. I'd do anything for my brothers, because I know they'd do anything for me. Especially after my dad passed away, at his funeral we promised to always take care of each other. And, I carry that promise in my heart. I am fiercely loyal and protective of my family.

And, of course that comment hubby made also regarding pictures. Our family take crazy amount of pictures. LOL, we all are crazy about taking pictures and heck, my little brother make a living as photographer. Not only we love taking pictures we are always ready for posing as well. My beautiful SIL actually smile prettily while waiting for the baby to come out.  :)

Daddy and her princess.

It's an amazing feeling to see one of my sibling becomes a parent. My heart swell with happiness. Ack... I feel like I am bursting at the seam. I am already obsessed with my niece. 

Jerry & Dena, congratulations and I love you both so very much! Baby Shakira, you are so love, more than you could imagine. And, congratulations to my mom who's finally become a grandma. To my dad in heaven, I am sure you are watching us from above and smiling big. Your baby boy became a dad and you have beautiful granddaughter. I am sure you're with them when she came into this world. So grateful for my family blessings.


12 comments:

Chark said...

Congratulations to the whole family!! She's adorable!

Trinh said...

Congrats, Auntie Vera! She's gorgeous! Congrats to the new parents too!

Jerry Aurum said...

A beautiful message from a beautiful sister. Thanks Ling!

Loly Borda said...

Congrats to the whole family! Such a blessing! She is adorable! so happy for you. Hugs

Susan F. said...

She is beautiful. Congratulations Auntie!! Congratulations to your family.

Anonymous said...

Senang sekali lihat semua coment dari Ling. Pasti Oom Soei tersenyum.....

Mary-Anne V said...

She is a beauty Vera! congrats to all of you.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Congratulations Auntie! She is absolutely beautiful.

Ruth G said...

Congratulations on becoming an aunt to a shiny new baby girl! She will have such a blessed life and will love every minute she has with her Aunt Vera!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Thank you, Ko. Yes, I am sure my dad is grinning ear to ear with pride and love.

chillin with Quillin said...

she's beautiful, so sorry your werent able to be with them, congrats to the family!!!
Paula

Katy said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful! :)

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...