Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Becky & Melanie Blog Hop

Happy Holiday Hop! Becky and Melanie (designer for Gina K. Designs) thought it would be great fun to team up for a little Holiday Hop today. We are showcasing Becky's new set, "Warm Woolen Mittens" along with Becky's new cut file "Grand Banners" and "Grand Banners - Winter Sentiments" and Melanie's new set, "Lots of Letters" today. Joining us are some dynamic designers that will knock your socks off with their beautiful work today! 

Make sure you visit everyone's blog to leave a comment and be entered to win a clear "I do!" and "Beyond Baskets" stamp set! Now onto today's projects!
For our team, we were asked to create banners with matching card. Now, let me warn you. I am behind in my Christmas decorating. Right now the only thing we finished decorating is the pergola in our backyard that we decorated with ornaments around it and this tiny tree.
And, right  now that's the best spot I can find to hang my banner. 


Here's a close up of the banner. I created the background using the border from  Warm Woolen Mittens set. stamped in various green ink. 


And, here's a pic of the banner with the tree. Sorry for the grainy picture. It is really hard to get good picture with the lighting we have.


The color on this card makes me happy. :)


I have to thank Becky for taking my suggestion and created this amazing set. She truly is fun and fabulous to work for. I am sure you will love this set as you hop along and see more inspirations.


Here's a complete list for the hop:
Melanie Muenchinger (Illustrator of Lot of Letters)
Becky Oehlers (Illustrator of Warm Woolen Mittens)  
Beate Johns
JJ Bolton
Laurie Schmidlin
Latisha Yoast
Michelle Woerner 
Richard Breaks
Vera Yates <----- You are here
Tosh Leyendekker

PS: I am so thrilled that I am officially an auntie!! Today we welcome my niece, Shakira Aurum Wirianta. Pics coming soon. I cried a lot today. But happy cry. :)

58 comments:

Beate said...

Great banner and card.
Hugs and smiles

Maria said...

very cute banner and card

Melanie said...

love the mini tree and what cute cut banner!

richardbreaks said...

Beautiful job! I love your colors!

Carolyn King said...

Congratulations on the birth of your niece! GREAT news!

Love that fantastic banner and that card is awesome--the colors are AMAZING!

Sharon Roselli said...

congrats on your new family member! love the colors on your mitten card too!They are my daughters favorite.Your banner is festive winter.

Kathryn A said...

Very cheerful colours!

Angi Rankin said...

Great banner, and super cute card!

jean w. said...

Love the colors of your card too!

Olga said...

Such a cute mitten card! And nice banner too ;)

Unknown said...

Great banner and card. These colors are my daughter's favorites right now, so it was great to see them used for Christmas! Thanks for showcasing the pennant banner!

Linda said...

Great banner; I love the colors.

Diane said...

Cute banner AND card...love banners..and the colors are great!

Miriam Prantner said...

Very cute banner! I love the colors!

--Marcy said...

I will have to do these banners - they are great

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing,. Cute ideas.

Shawna said...

Love banners and this one is perfect on your sweet little tree.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Love your banner and sweet card. You're right, they are happy colors. Great job!

Jeanne H said...

Congratulations on being an auntie! I too like holiday colors that are not just the traditional red and green. Thanks for sharing your work!

Sonia said...

congrats on the new little one in your life! being an auntie is so much fun. I love your projects TFS - Sonia

Holly Annette Amero said...

Thanks for sharing! You are so talented! Looks great.

Anonymous said...

I love your color combo - very unique. Louise

Nana Griffin said...

Wonderful ideas.

Anonymous said...

How inventive, creative and cute!!!!! :)

Karen B said...

Nice banner and card.

KathR said...

Just loving all these banners...
hugz Kath...xx...

Mama said...

Banner, Banners, and more banners!!

Rosy Newlun said...

That pretty mitten card with the background -- love love love!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a darling banner! And love the cozy mitten card!! Charming!

zehra said...

Lovely banner live the card it is beautiful

Melinda said...

Congrats on becoming an Auntie!

Ravengirl said...

Those are very happy colors! Congratulations on your new niece!

Ravengirl said...

And welcome to a world of eating vegetables you despise so your beloved niece may have dessert!

Lori said...

Love the beautiful colors of the banner and in the card, so happy!!

Doris W. said...

Love the greens of the banner and card! Congrats on your new niece!

Lynne said...

Great banner, like the colors, cute tree

Pat Gasko said...

Cute card and love the banner too.

Sharon said...

Your banner is great but I love the colours you chose for your card

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS on becoming an Auntie!!! Great banner and pretty mitten card, well done!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Your banner is terrific and love where you hung it. The card is also wonderful. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Sue D said...

Great colors on your banner and card.

Ashley said...

Super cute banner! I love the colors you chose, I wouldn't have thought of them for Christmas.

TammieLien said...

Lovely banner and card and congrats on being an Auntie:))))

Verna Angerhofer said...

An awesome banner and I love that wonderful card too.

Gayle said...

Very cute banner and card and mostly a big Congrats on becoming an Auntie...enjoy enjoy!!

A Margery Card said...

Love your banner and the matching card. Very pretty!

Judy Inukai said...

Great projects

Nanette said...

Cute...I like the non-traditional colors! Congrats on becoming an Auntie!

Nanette

Lagene said...

Great card and banner!

JJ Bolton said...

So cute Vera!! Love the hot colors you used:) Congrats again on your beautiful niece!

Latisha said...

Cute, cute, cute...and I love the non traditional colors!!

ajax said...

Congratulations Auntie! Your life will never be the same again. I can see this baby will be very spoiled. I love your banners on your tree. My favorite this year though, is the mittens. Love your blue ones. Thanks

Loly Borda said...

Lovely card and banner. I love the colors in your card. TFS

Sharon said...

Congrats! I'm a new grandmother so I know what it is to cry! Your creativity came right out along with it all! Love the banner! Wonderful card!

Kitty said...

I love your banner and your card. Thank you

Blessings,
Kat

Mary-Anne V said...

CONGRATS!!!! on becoming a Aunty!!!that is so exciting. well wishes to the family and as speedy recovery to the mommy. Love your card and banner. the colours are just perfect.

Sherry Butcher said...

Love the banner and card, colors are great and I think match perfect. TFS.
congrats Aunt!

Pat Jandacek said...

You did good - and I can tell you're going to be a great storybook-type Aunt! Your niece is lucky!

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...