Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy World Card Making Day


 
It's World Card Making Day and Paper Crafts is hosting a blog hop. You can check all the blog links HERE. You'll find many fabulous inspirations!!

I've been busy celebrating by making cards all day long. LOL, mostly for my DT work, but I did make a couple cards just for fun. I also started  on my Christmas cards as I am hoping to be able to send a bunch for Caring Hearts Card Drive. Will share the Christmas cards on my next post.

This first card, I had so much fun making it. I truly LOVE Lawn Fawn stamps. How could you not, they're the cutest! See for yourself. :)


I'm so glad that I went through my stash today & saw my pile of acetate & vellum. Decided to play with it and I love my result. Am also making this card to be enter to Moxie Fab Offset Scallop challenge. I used vellum in 2 different blue shades and overlap them, too, to create the third shade of blue. Here's to show the view from different angle.



So, basically the scallop vellum & the dolphin are on the front of the card & the cloud sentiments. The little fishy are on the insde.


Now, from the ocean, let's go to the jungle. Well, kind of. It just very leafy. :)



Can  you see I am having so much fun with  the vellum? I used my Silhouette for this. Best investment, ever! I hope you like and thank you so  much for stopping by  here. I love and appreciate your comments. Have a blessed weekend!

21 comments:

Trinh said...

I'm in love with that dolphin card, Vera! The offset scallops for the waves is just genius. And the blue butterflies against the soft green leaves is so pretty!

Barb said...

Love both of these fabulous, fun cards, Vera! Happy World Card Making Day to you too! :)

~amy~ said...

absolutely genius on the waves for your 1st card...soooo cute and I love your second card..sooo pretty!!! happy wcmd!!

colleenk said...

I love the way you used the scallops! That dolphin card just makes me smile it is so adorable! And the butterfly card is really pretty too!

Virginia L. said...

Adorable cards, Vera!! Love the scalloped "waves"--too cute!

stampingandstitching said...

Two wonderful cards, Vera! The first one is so cute and I love your use of acetate and the offset scallops on it! I love the gorgeous colours and design on your second one!

Alice said...

these are darling, Vera! so cute!

Kathy Martin said...

These are such fabulous cards! Love the clear card and the Lawn Fawn stamps!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Love the dolphin card,Vera! Just too cute!!!!

jintyoo7 said...

Both are beautiful, Vera. Love the leaf bg. I just bought the silhouette :o)

Melissa said...

Cute cards! Happy World Card Making Day!

Melissa
http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Lea L. said...

Both cards are adorable!! I love the clear base on your dolphin card!! Great job with the Moxie Fab challenge! ♥♥♥

Ann said...

Awesome cards, Vera! LOVE the dolphin card!

Ayana Posadas said...

Ah! These are adorable!
I love the way you used the border punch for the water in the first one! How clever!

Niki Estes said...

What cute cards! I love the waves on the first one!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Both cards are so adorable! I also love the waves on the first card! Great job :)
hugs, margie

CanadianScraps43 said...

Vera first when I saw your creations in our Flickr group I feel in love right away. And then when I saw the things you made in the Lawn Fawn Blog Hop that I participated in I was floored. Your push to always go outside of the box is outstanding and I think that is what draws me to your work. I try to do the same, and to make a statement. I so love these two cards and the idea of using acetate. I love those cute Lawn Fawn images and really need to get some. I love your second card as well and love the leafs. I am assuming that they are a die cut layed overtop of cardstock right! The butterflies are stunning. So love this card. TFS. Hugs.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

fun cards! Happy WCMD!

Anita Rex said...

Such cute cards! You make me want a Silhouette even more! :>

Paula Laird said...

Cute! I love the scallops as waves!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Vera! Thanks for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...