Sunday, December 30, 2012

So Long 2012

Last day of 2012. How would you spend it? For me, unfortunately I'll spend the day working (or I could look at it as fortunately as that means I have a job). My boss is out of town, so he left me in charge to get everything done for the end of the year. Cross fingers that the title company will send all the paper works early in the day, so I can go home early.

Now, before I get all sappy & introspective let me first share Paper Smooches SPARKS anything goes challenge and here's my card for the challenge:



I used Paper Smooches Sentiment Samplers, He Said She Said, and Happy Camper set. The skinny ribbon is from May Arts. You have 1 week to play along and as always Paper Smooches provide generous prize for the winner. All my team mates participating for this challenge, so, if you're looking for more inspirations  please check out their awesome creations.


Now, as we close the year, I am counting my blessings. I am the kind of person who doesn't take things for granted. Especially with so many things going on in the world, it makes me so appreciative of the life I've been given.

Granted, it's not super fancy life, but it's pretty darn good life. I have a super close knit family, which is my most precious treasure. And I am very thankful for our closeness, because I know many people who doesn't have that kind of closeness and support system. 

And, this year our family been very blessed. Hubby and I  got a new bundle of joy early in this year, when we welcome our super cute pug puppy, who is such a snuggler and makes me feel love in such a huge way. Then, I finally become an auntie. My brother got married in February and in December he and my SIL welcome a new baby girl. And, then just three days ago, my cousin who live close by me, welcome a baby boy. So, even though I don't get to hold my niece, at least I find comfort that I can hold my cousin's baby.

Am also  thankful that I have been able to spend some time with my family & extended family this year. We used my brother's wedding as a chance for a family reunion as well. I have uncles, aunties, and cousins scattered around the world, from Malaysia to Germany to New Zealand, etc. Several were able to come to the wedding and it was really fun to reconnect and getting to know them better. And, then in the fall my mom came over and stayed for 2 months with me and I get to take her to Hawaii.

That lead to the next thing that I am grateful for. I am so grateful that I get to travel every year to some awesome places. Traveling is my passion and it's on my bucket list to explore even more places.

All said and done, I hope this year also been a good year for all of you. I want to thank all my blog followers and all the friends I meet through paper crafting & blogging. You have enriched my life in your own way and I am thankful for you. Your support, your kind comments on my posts, your encouragement means so much to me and I really appreciate YOU.

Good bye 2012 and hello 2013. May this coming year be a great one for all of us. Happy New Year!!

5 comments:

Susan F. said...

Have a very happy and successful new year Vera!
You brightened my 2012 with your art work.

~amy~ said...

darling card Vera! Happy New Year!

Jessica said...

your card is so super sweet! love it!!!! :) happy new year!!

Trinh said...

Hey girlie, hope your work day went smoothly. Your post & card are very sweet! I hope 2013 brings you more happy travels, time with family and crafting success!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOVE that little deer! I am def. using him on a card for my FIL--he made me some deer jerky!! LOVE:)

FAB card!! THANKS for playing along with us on your week off:)

Spellbinders' March Stitched Die

Hi there creative peeps. Happy March. I want to pop in today to share my Spellbinders' March Stitching Die Club card. Spellbinders has l...