Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Blooming Floral Cards

Hi all. I am excited to share today's cards featuring some hot foiling. I have always love the look of foil and for the longest time finding them a bit intimidating. Sure, I played with hot foil here and there & had quite a few foils sitting in my drawer, but never really got into it. Till recently. I decided to take the plunge and really spend some time playing and figuring out what setting works best to the point where I am pretty comfortable in creating with them. So excited and I have a couple cards to share.

Here's my 1st card.



For this one, I used Spellbinders' Blooming Floral Background Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set and 
Diamond Floral Frame Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die set from Yana's Blooming Birthday Collection. Started by hot foiling the floral background on a piece of white cardstock. The plate only cover half of the panel, so repeat the process to cover the other half of the panel. Once this done, I did some ink blending on the panel as I want a really soft color panel.

Next, I hot foil the diamond outline and several of the flowers. Oh yes, for both cards, I used Glimmer Hot Foil Blush and Aura. Die cut the diamond and adhere to the panel. Next, arrange the flowers and adhere with foam adhesive. Hot foil and die cut the sentiment from Yana's Special Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set and again adhere to the panel with foam adhesive. Glued the panel to card base and finish by adding some enamel dots.

On to the 2nd card. :)




From soft blue, we switch to some pink. For this card, I was using the same sets as before and repeat the same process. However, instead of ink blending, I colored the floral background with Copic markers. And, this time instead of the diamond outline, I used Essential Duo Lines Glimmer Circles Glimmer Hot Foil Plate

I am so happy with the way these cards turned out. They really are quite shiny in person. :) What do you think? Are you into hot foiling? Are you interested but feel intimidated at the same time, just like me? If yes, I encourage you to give it a try. I feel like, I have new toys to play with. Hah!! Well my dear crafty friends, that's all from me today. I hope you enjoy today's cards. Thank you for stopping by here and happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Lori m said...

Both cards are stunning, gorgeous stamps and designs, hugs, Lori m

The Craft Bucket said...

Just beautiful, very elegant. Love Jane x

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...