Thursday, September 15, 2022

Folk Song

Hi everyone. Today I am featuring one of Spellbinder's new September Winter Tales collection called Folk Song Etched Dies. This new set by Zsoka Marko is simply fantastic. I love her style.




This set is perfect for Christmas, but versatile enough to be used for non Christmas card, like I did on my card, I thought this design would make a fun birthday card. I started by die cutting all the bird pieces. Following the bird shape, I hand cut a smaller piece from light blue cardstock so it showed up through the opening on the bird. Next, I die cut a bunch of leaves.


For the background, I used Dazzling Dots Embossing folder. Adhere the embossed panel to card base. Next, I layered the leaves. In person, you could see the layering of the leaves is pretty thick and dimensional. I love it. I also added a little flower from Be Bold Blooms set to complete the end of the wreath. Then adhere the bird with foam adhesive. I don't have the Enchanted Garden set, so I did the next best thing to create the bell flower border. I used the top of the ornament from Spellbinders' Stitched Ornament Etched Dies and then just trim the the top part, the one with the hole. And, tadaaa... you get a bell shaped flower. :) Yes, I was pretty proud of myself that I thought of this. Hah!!

Finished with hot foiling sentiment from More Sentiments Hot Foil set. So, what do you think? I hope you like it. Well peeps, that's all from me today. Stay tune for the Christmas version of this set. Till next time.

No comments:

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...